The Blind Zone - Chapter 17

Previously:

"War god Ares." Ares flinched at his voice and growled as his own blood red aura enveloped him. "Your time has come. Die and atone for your sins." Percy slowly raised his hand and had his palm facing Ares. Energy began to flow from him into a sphere of power that hovered a few inches in front of his open palm. Ares formed a barrier to protect him from the pending attack. The entire area darkened and the only source of light was the dark-blue ball of power which continued to grow until it was thrice the size of a tank. A TANK!

"What is this power?!" Ares roared in fright. He was literally shaking in his boots. He had produced beams and attacks way bigger than this but the power rolling of the demigod's attack was more that he had ever imagined. He tried to put up a stronger barrier but it was too late. Thunder boomed and lightning raged across the dark sky as droplets of rain hit Ares' face. His doom was close, he was staring right at it.

"Now die!" A beam erupted from the ball of power, about 10 feet in diameter, straight at a screaming Ares enveloping the entire forest in light.

Now:

3rd Person POV:

Ares scream was drowned out by the explosion that followed as the beam hit. The explosion was massive. It spread for miles and miles, incinerating everything it came close to, leaving nothing in it's wake and the height of the beam's explosion towered over mountains. Suddenly the explosion of power and energy began to retreat back into a single point like it was being sucked in by a force of gravity. In a few seconds a ball of malevolent energy was formed right in the center of the explosion. For a moment you could see the desolate and destroyed land with a huge crater that stretched on for miles as well as a thin crater that extended for about a mile. It's diameter was like that of three tanks. This was no doubt the result of the beam the son of Poseidon launched.

The next second the ball of energy exploded in a dark-blue light. This explosion was bigger and much more destructive than it's predecessor. The explosion continued to expand and cover more ground, it went so high and even pierced the clouds. The forest stretched for hundreds of miles, it was a little bit like Alaska. The sight of the gods didn't reach there and a spatial deflection spell was also cast over the land. The spatial deflection spell also known as the bigger-on-the-inside charm was soo powerful that on the outside it looked like any forest but on the inside, it size was much bigger than even New York. It had a couple of lakes and rivers, a mountain ranges and vegetation as well as some nature spirits.

Percy's attack was so great that it destroyed mountains, incinerated almost all wildlife and vaporised a few lakes. It even went as far as piercing the spell barrier and for a brief moment, the gods of Olympus felt the power of the demigod and it made them shiver in slight fear and discomfort. The sky raged with a storm, hurricanes and earthquakes plagued the land but in the midst of all this stood Percy. He had not even a scratch on his skin, he was on his knees and cradled in his arms was Aiden's lifeless body.

He hadn't known Aiden for long but in the period of time they spent together, they had grown close. It was like they were brothers by fate, heck they tried to kill each other when they met but after the battle they instantly became friends which was weird in it's own right. They had shared their life experiences with each other. But now he was gone. His body was pale and cold. It stayed unmoving and Percy cried. Tears flowed from his eyes and down his face as he held unto Aiden's body. He didn't want to let go ever. However as all this was happening something didn't feel right. Percy felt like something was out of place. His instincts screamed at him that something was wrong but he didn't care. He cared no more.

As Percy continued to lament a bolt of lightning struck the ground a few metres away from him and it revealed the imposing figure of the king of gods. Zeus looked around in surprise and worry. Percy had caused this? How and why did he do such a thing? So much destruction. He remembered vividly how this place used to look like but now it was a barren wasteland. Zeus turned to look at Percy and saw him cradling a body. It was obvious the person was dead. He couldn't identify who the person was due to Percy cradling him but when he took a closer look....