Brin chuckled. "That's no way to talk to your alpha," he scolded. "But I'm glad you're doing well."

"We've had a bit of a cold recently," Lana explained. "Something rather common at this time of year."

"Oh, it's that season?" Clementine asked. "Lovely." Her tone was utterly sarcastic, but I've come to the conclusion that it was just her tone.

"Yeah, with schools going back soon. It's always around the time when universities open," Brin said. "Speaking of education. How's yours?"

"Dad, I've got a job," Farley informed. I'm assuming that Brin had looked over. "I'm going to be increasing my hours soon as well."

"Yes, but you don't want to be doing that your whole life," Brin reasoned. "It's just a thought."

"I know," Farley said.

The room became awkward. Farley's education and occupation was a topic frequently brought up by his parents, especially since the tunnel.

"We'll get him through his exams," Caspian reassured, as he always did in this situation. "They're not until December."

Brin grumbled, but the conversation was dropped.

Iris rubbed her hands together. "I'll go make some tea. Maybe Brin and Lana would like to see if they could beat Pax's beginner's luck."

I shuffled forward closer to the table, so that Iris could get around me comfortably.

"I sphere a specific reason you came by," Farley asked.

A moment of silence fell between us before Lana cleared her throat. "We think that Daphne and company have made their first move."

My fingers halted in their tapping.

"What makes you think that?" Rowan asked. Some part of him hit the table, as he groaned after a bang sounded and the furniture vibrated. "We've not heard anything."

"Well, that's why we're here," Brin said with a chuckle. "It was a personal message, passed from Mary, who had heard it from one of the previous members of the Fearmast pack."

A shrill scream came from the kitchen, everyone else jumped to their feet and hurried. I carefully stood and stayed in the doorway of the living room, listening for what could have happened.

Growls filled my ears; the smashing of glass and ceramics was ear-piercing.

A hand clamped around my wrist, and I was pulled out of the room and out of the front door. Mint and Coffee infiltrated my nose. This situation felt all-too familiar.

My shoes hit the pavement with the rain that was hammering down. The seasons had changed dramatically over the past few weeks.

"This wasn't expected," Farley said. He probably wasn't expecting any sort of answer.

We ran through the streets, taking random turns. I didn't know where we were, but I trusted Farley to take us to wherever we needed to go.

There were still noises of growling behind us, starting to lag behind. Their noises were muffled by the noise of the rain and drowned out by my heart.

We ran up a ramp and entered a building. Farley rang a bell as we shut the door behind us. I had my hands pressed against the door, in case anybody tried to ram it down.

"Here," Farley said and a piece of wood touched the back of my hand. "Put that in the door handle, a little further."

I did as he said, tracing the line of the door with my fingertips and making sure that there was wood on both sides.

It wasn't exactly a safe house, the abandoned building wasn't exactly safe from collapsing, but it was safe from wolves' claws. It was a secure, cement, aconite-laced box, which made it a good cell so that nobody could get in or out.

We hadn't worked on the getting out part yet; it was still in development. Karim Thompson had come by to help us make it. Apparently, he had been stuck in a situation like this one and was tortured there.

I didn't know what my surroundings looked like, but it smelled like damp and rain. There were metal beds pushed against one corner and lockers against another.

"They should give up shortly," Farley said and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, you don't need to hold the door."

We walked to some of the metal chair which were in the corner. Even though they'll rust eventually, they won't rot like fabric would.

"Who was that?" I asked in a whisper. "Did you recognise them?"

Farley made a low noise of denial. "They might have set us up." His foot was rhythmically hitting the floor. "You know, with my parents coming to warn us."

I nodded and we fell into a semi-silence. Bashes came from the door, which vibrated throughout the old building. My breaths were unsteady, even after attempting to calm them.

They gave up after Farley's 582nd tap. It didn't feel like a long time but at the same time, it felt like years.

Paws dug into the pavement away from the building.

"I don't think it's safe," I told Farley. "They could easily fake that."

Farley hummed and stood up, his footsteps leading to the beds. Metal scraped against concrete. "I don't trust it either." He sighed and the metal scraped against the floor again. "We should wait for a friend to come."

Hello everyone! 

I hope that you're doing well :D

I'm not sure if I've asked this question before, but do you play any instruments?

I used to play violin when I was in primary school, but I stopped when I left school. The reason I'm asking this today is that I played the guitar for the first time yesterday, and I had a lot of fun.