Chapter 17

My body feels so weak.. i cant hold it much longer.. My body isn't used to the flames anymore.. I needa hold it just a little bit more.. I put my sword back in its case, my blue flames disappear immediately once clicked. I slowly crouched down letting my wings spread, using them to take off up to the beasts head. I quickly grab the last holy water grenade out of my pocket and throw it directly into it's eye. The demon roars out in pain as the grenade blows up. My body feels so sore.. i need to get though this.. till back up arrives. I land on the ground and let my wings morph back into my body as everyone runs back up to me, letting my tail rolling up into my shirt before they see it.

The demon roars as multiple exorcists attack it with fire familiars and staffs of fire.
My legs grow weak and i fall onto the ground. "Rin!!"

So distant.. so cold

<^> Time skip, Yukios POV <^>

Rins been knocked out for over ten minutes now.. Everyone is caving into the myasma this things giving off.. I'm aware how to treat it but its pointless when were surrounded by the source. I look up to see everyone doing literally everything in their power to defeat the beast. I think back on what Rin told me.. its weak to fire.. his sword.. "Rin wake up!!" I yelled, shaking Rin, Suguro's father turning back to help me. We shake him heavily as he starts to stur awake.

<^> Rin's POV <^>

Its so bright.. I think as slits of bright orange light hits my eyes. The monster was being burned.. much like how i was before reinforcements arrived.. "Rin! Use your sword..!" Yukio yells as i relearn where i am. "But they will.." "Do you care about that or dieing like this.!" Shit he has a point.. i quickly get up and let my tail fall out of my shirt, grabbing my sword and walking towards the demon. I walk by my friends and their family and friends.. I can here them all talk. They noticed.. Suguro runs up from behind me. "Okumura!" Before i can say a single word to him he pulls me into a tight embrace. "Dont do anything stupid, and come out of this shit alive got it..?" He said into my ear, his voice clearly shakey and caring.. i nod and hug back. He pulls away and goes back to saying prayers. I turn back to the beast and draw my sword out letting my blue fiery aura appear. The gasps and screams of terror are clear as day. I know I'm a monster..

i wont let that stop me.