Chapter 1

Rin sits on the ledge of his bedroom window, if you could even call it a bedroom. The room was nothing but a fancy, royal bedroom. A large black closet and a large bed with a desk and a chest full of random items. Most of them being for torture purposes. Each wall had two lanterns on them with blue flames being contained within.
Ever since he was sent down to Gehenna, He felt like everyone was treating him like a god, like he's something special. Then Rins now fully grown wings twitch slightly. Someone's coming he thought as he turned around to face his door. A few seconds later someone opens the door. A small hobgoblin slowly flys in. "S-sir- Your fathers mage has a new t-test experiment, a-and he requested you to review it.." "Tch whatever.." Rin stood up as the scared hobgoblin frantically flutters out the room. He looks back out the window, taking in the city below then sighing, slowly dragging his feet across the hard floor. Shuffling out the door then to the grand red halls.

"Intriguing dear mage.." Satan smirks as he crosses his arms. Turning towards the sound of Rin's approaching footsteps. Rin scoffs at his iconic smirk and stands next to him, staring at the mage and a strange mirror next to her. "Hello sir, i hope you slept well with that new prescription. Yes?" The light brown haired woman in the exposing purple witch outfit smiles at Rin kindly. "Yeah it really helped me sleep through the pain.." Rin mumbles, rubbing the white bloody eye patch over his left eye. "Its hard to get used to huh..? I'm sorry dear.."

She turns and looks at the mirror thats about her height. "This is my new creation, a mirror that shows your life in another timeline.. another story.. It shows what would have happened in your life after choosing a different route in a big decision." She looks towards Rin and his father. "I've tested it on humans and it doesn't work for them. Pure demonic magic in this puppy..!" She pats the gold frame of the mirror gently as if it was a house pet who brought back the stick it was thrown. Rins eyes narrowed. "And you two want me to test it out..?" She smiled nervously. "I want to see what would have happened if you didn't kill yourself.." Satan spat without a single expression. Rin froze and opened his mouth to retaliate but the mage spoke up before he could make a sound. "Come on sir I'm sure it won't be that bad..!" Rin just sighed and gave in to the intent of his father. He slowly shuffled up to the mirror and very carefully put two fingers upon the cold reflective glass.
Soon the glass gained more of a puddle look and started showing the scene..
Instead of Rin takeing out his sword and shoving it into his throat, like Rin remembers. The reflection shows Rin yelling at Mephisto to let him become an exorcist.. then Mephisto took him into a hug and smiled. Scene fading into the puddle. "A demon becoming and Exorcist? Impossible" Satan said in a annoyed tone. Then it started showing pictures of Yukio and Rin learning and talking, making food together, and bonding. Something that was rare to see before. Then showed more clips, Rin with multiple different human teens. They all obviously seemed about his age and we're talking to him, petting his tail, and helping him with homework. Rin could feel his heart pump. He never thought that could happen. More scenes quickly clip by before Satan turns the mirror around. Rin quickly snaps his head to him, clenching his fists. "I do not wish to see anything else! Take it back to the test room!!" The mage quickly throws a blanket over the mirror and struggles to drag it back to her testing room. Satan quickly looks towards Rin. "Don't you get any ideas." He slowly walks out the room crossing his arms, leaving Rin alone with his thoughts.

♡︎..••°°Time Skip°°••..♡︎

Rin lays on the bed and stares at the ceiling. "I should be asleep but it's not the pain keeping me awake.. it's these damn thoughts.." Rin says to himself.. Yukio..
I miss you so much man.. wait! Rin sits up quickly. I can go see them..! All of them..! His wings flutter quietly. I made up my mind..! Ill escape! And see my would-be friends and brother..!