Chapter 13

Rin springs up from his bed, holding in the urge to scream. He quickly looks around the room. Shima, Shiemi, Yukio and Kuro are asleep next to him and Izumo is behind a oil paper screen for privacy a few feet away. Konekomaru and Suguro are asleep in their actual rooms.

<^> Rins POV <^>

I look around one more and sigh, i quietly get up and shuffle outside the room and down the hall. I keep waking till i find a door, leading to an awning covered walk way, a garden and a spring. I sit down on the overhanging walk way and let my legs hang down. I look up at the midnight moon and take in a deep breath. "Why do i gotta live in fear for myself and others lives.." He puts his hands in his hands as he holds back his emotions. "I should have never left, i should have just stayed and endured the bullshit.. Instead i made it a threat to everyone..!" A few footsteps can be heard coming closer then stopping. "Oi whats your problem?" I look to my left and see a familiar face, Suguro. " He walks over and sits with me. "Listen man you can talk to me. I'm always here to talk." He says looking away, clearly struggling at being a caring person. "Even if i could talk about it you all wouldn't understand.. I'm not who you guys think I am.. I'm putting you all in danger just by being here.." Bon sighs and pulls me into a huge hug, squishing my face into his chest. "I know as an exorcist i should never say this but, even if you were a damn demon i would help you and protect ya if you're in trouble. You saved me and I won't ever let your sacrifice live you down." I look up at him as he adjusts my eye patch. "Ill always be here for you Okumura." He says with a smile. I can feel the warm tears rolling down my face.

"Promise..?"

"Promise."