Episode 62: The Devil and Chalice Part 1

In the arcade, Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose are playing at the Penny Arcade. Cuphead throws baseballs at the targets with excitement, and scores a lot of points. Since Cuphead has a good scare, he is able to receive a lot of tickets.

Cuphead laughs with excitement, "I still got it!"

"I'll never understand how you do it," Mugman says, eating a candy bar.

"The secret is not to overthink it," Cuphead says, and walks off with his prize.

"Well, you've certainly got that part down," Red Rose says.

Cuphead walks to the counter and gives the tickets to the vendor, "Cash me out, garçon."

Cuphead looks at the prizes and chooses the prizes, "Hmm... I'll take those." Then points to the other one, "And that one."

The vendor then gives Cuphead a bag of marbles and a plastic sword.

Cuphead passes the sword, "Here Red Rose, this is for you."

"Thanks," Red Rose says, and takes the sword.

"This bag of marbles will be the perfect gift for Chalice," Cuphead says.

"I think it's nice," Mugman says.

Then brings out a small black box.

"What's that?" Cuphead asks.

"It's a very special present for Chalice, but we haven't seen her in months," Mugman says, and shows concern.

"Yeah. We haven't seen her since the last time we hung out," Red Rose says.

"I hope she's alright," Mugman says, showing concern.

"I'm sure she's alright. Wherever she is," Cuphead says.

Mugman still shows concern, "I hope so. I feel that she's been avoiding us lately."

"Me too. Almost like she's worried about something," Red Rose says.

Meanwhile, in the underworld, Chalice and the Devil are dancing together, and are having a grand time. The two continue to tap dance as they spin and dance down the stairs. Soon, the routine comes to an end.

Henchman happily claps, "Oh boy!" And whistles, "What a show!"

Both the Devil and Ms. Chalice laugh.

"Not too bad for an old guy. Pay attention and you might learn a few moves," Ms. Chalice says.

"From you?" The Devil questions, and laughs, "Ha! Listen, honey, everyone knows I'm the best dancer of all time."

"Whoever said that has never seen me," Chalice says.

The Devil chuckles, "Ridiculous."

He then begins to question, "Now, what was it we were talking about?" and soon remembers, "Oh, yes. That favor you owe me. I need you to betray your three best friends." and says in a demonic tone.

Chalice nervously says, "Oh yeah. Sure thing. Right after this next song." and places the record on the record player and plays the music.

The Devil soon agrees, "Oh! Okay. Maybe just one more."

"A one, two, three four," Chalice counts.

Then the Devil says, "A five, six, seven, eight."

The two are about to dance, but they hear a loud needle scratching. They look to see Stickler has switched off the music.

"Ehm... Excuse me," Stickler says, "Productivity has plummeted for weeks. Too much singing. Too much dancing."

The Devil scoffs, " What do you know, Stickler? We're having fun."