Episode 2: Carn-Evil

It's been two days since Red Rose comes to live with Cuphead, Mugman, and their guardian, Elder Kettle. One morning, it seems like a peaceful day, with music playing. The goat living outside is bouncing up and down to the beat as the flowers dance and butterflies fly around.

In the house, Elder Kettle is making breakfast for everyone. He pours some batter on the stove and flips them. He then flips them behind. Then blows steam on one of them with his spout.

At the table, Cuphead is reading a comic book until he slams his foot on the table, flipping the plate, and catches it, allowing the stack of pancakes to fly on to the plate.

Red Rose is polishing her telescope. She then picks up her plate and allows a stack of pancakes to land on her breakfast plate.

Seeing how Cuphead and Red Rose catch his breakfast, Mugman lifts his plate up to catch the pancakes, but his position is off. The pancakes hit on the side of him and they fall to the ground, much to Mugman's disappointment.

Seeing his brother sad about his fallen breakfast, Cuphead cuts his stack of pancakes in half, even the plate in half, and pushes it to Mugman. Then squirts syrup on it. Mugman looks up with disappointment and is happy to see half of the pancakes and happily takes it. Cuphead passes Mugman the syrup, and Mugman tries to squeeze some, but none is coming out. Mguman looks at Cuphead to see Cuphead has a lot of syrup on his pancakes.

Cuphead pierces his whole stack with one form, and swallows them with one gulp. Red Rose giggles and walks over to the cabinet and brings out another bottle of syrup and passes it to Mugman. Mugman squeezes it on his pancakes. Then passes to Red Rose who sits down between him and Cuphead. Red Rose then puts some syrup on their pancakes. Soon, the three are enjoying their breakfast.

Just then, Elder Kettle walks to them with his cane and calls out, "Cuphead! Mugman! Red Rose!"

"Yes Elder Kettle?" The three replies.

"Today, you three are in for a real treat!" Elder Kettle says happily.

That has them excited, "Really?"

"You get to..." Elder Kettle says, and then reveals two buckets of white paints, "Paint the fence!"

And with that, the boy deflates in disappointment, while Red Rose is looking a bit confused.

And soon enough, the three begin to paint the fence, much to their disappointment. Cuphead lets out a groan in reply.

Then Mugman says, "Jeeze. I guess we know what we're doing the rest of the day, huh?"

"You can say that again. I don't fully get how painting the fence can be a treat," Red Rose says.

"Oh banana oil!" Cuphead says, annoyed.

Then complains as he swipes his paintbrush around, "Paint the Fence! Milk the goat! Patch the roof! It's the same old stuff everyday! What we need is a little fun and adventure!"

And ends up getting some paint on Mugman as he paints the fence.

Mugman sighs and says, "If we can only speed things up, maybe we'd still have some to squeeze in a little fun and adventure at the end."

"Way ahead of ya, pal!" Cuphead calls out.

Mugman turns his head to see Cuphead pouring the can of paint into a small cannon. He kicks it so it will fall and aim towards the fence. The cannon lits up, and Cuphead covers the side of his head where his ears are as the cannon is ready to fire.

"Uh Cuphead, I don't think that's such a good idea," Red Rose says.

Cuphead turns to Red Rose, "Why not?"