Episode 14: Dirt Nap

One morning in the cottage, Elder Kettle walks upstairs with a smile on his face and holding his cane. He moves the lantern with his cane, and polishes old pictures of himself and cases of medals on the wall and furniture. Elder Kettle salutes with his cane and walks down the hall.

Elder Kettle knocks on the door with his cane and says, "Yoo-hoo! Kids! Breakfast is ready!

"Be right there, Elder Kettle!" The three friends call out through the door.

Elder Kettle is about to take his leave until he hears Mugman say, "Isn't he the greatest?"

"Yeah. I can't believe how full of life he is, especially for his age," Cuphead says.

Then Mugman says, "Don't ya just love him?"

Elder Kettle feels bashful, "Mugman."

Then hears Cuphead say, "Eh. I'm still in the "like" stage."

"Cuphead!" Elder Kettle replies, displeased by the comment.

"Oh Cuphead, don't be like that. I think he's quite nice," Red Rose says.

"Yeah. What's not to love?!" Mugman says.

"Well, for one thing, he's dirty, filthy, and disgusting!" Cuphead says.

"Well, he can't help it," Red Rose says.

"She's right. He can't help the way he is. Now let's eat. I'm starvin'!" Mugman says.

Elder Kettle panics and leaves before the kids notices. He then bonks his head from the light over the ceiling. He rubs his head as he walks under it and walks down stairs, feeling the pain from the injury.

He soon walks to the kitchen as he thinks about the kids' conversation. He picks up the pot and looks to see his reflection

Kettle sadly says, "Maybe I am disgusting."

He soon turns his kettle head to see a jar of 'Jimbo's Spit Shine'. He picks up the clothes and pours a drop of the shine on it. He rubs the cloth on his arm and looks to see the shine on it. He then has an idea. He pours the jar of Spit Shine all over him from the top of his head, He then drinks some of it. He tosses the jar aside, and uses the cloth to polish himself.

Soon enough, the kids begin to walk in the house.

"Then I say-" Cuphead says as he and the others walk in.

Suddenly, a bright shine appears before them, practically burning their eyes. The kids quickly cover their eyes with their hands.

"My eyeballs are on fire!" Mugman screams.

"Why is it so bright?!" Cuphead asks.

"What is it?" Red Rose asks, surprised.

"Just your dear Elder Kettle looking his shiny best," Elder Kettle happily says with a bright glow.

Elder Kettle looks very silvery and fresh, and very shiny.

He walks to the table as he says, "Not a single speck or smudge. No, sirree!"

Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose sit down at their seats as they shield themselves from the bright light.

He places breakfast on the table as he happily says in a loving tone, "Hope you love it."

Then switches to an angry tone, "Hope it's in the "like" stage."

Cuphead turns to the others and wonders, "What's with him?"

"I don't know, but he does look a little different," Red Rose says.

"Get a load of this shine, would ya?" Elder Kettle says with a chuckle. "I..."