Episode 49: The New Year's Ball Part 2

Time has passed since Cuphead leaves the cottage, the carriage Cuphead is riding on soon arrives in front of the candy castle. Cuphead, in disguise, looks out the window and is amazed to see the candy castle is still decorated with colorful lights. Soon, the carriage stops close to the candy castle, and the little help opens the carriage door, allowing Cuphead to walk out.

Cuphead takes a deep breath and says, "Okay, you can do this. Just walk in and act casual." Then turns to the castle entrance, "I just hope no one will recognize me, even with this disguise."

Cuphead then begins to walk inside the castle and see some of the guards who are letting him pass. Cuphead walks around and up the staircase. Soon, he reaches the top of the stairs and reaches the entrance to the ballroom. In the ballroom, there are a lot of people from Sugar Land and Inkwell Isles, dressed in formal attire. Soon, on the stage, are Captain Storm, Baroness Von Bon Bon, and Red Rose, who he has his complete attention to.

Cuphead blushes, "Wow. Red Rose is beautiful." and feels like he's going to fall head over heels for her.

Baroness Von Bon Bon takes hold of the microphone and announces, "Hello everyone, and welcome to the New Year's Eve Ball."

Everyone applauds with smiles on their faces."

"Not only this will be the ball to celebrate the upcoming New Year, but the reuniting with my husband and daughter, and our happy reunion," Bon Bon happily announces.

Everyone applauds and cheers with smiles on their faces.

Then Bon Bon says, "To start the ball, my husband and daughter will have the first dance."

Cuphead catches as Captain Storm and Red Rose take each other's hands and walk down the stage and on the dance floor. Once on the dance floor, Bon Bon gestures to the band to start the music. The conductor waves the baton and starts the music. The music begins to play and in position, Captain Storm and Red Rose begin to dance the waltz. Everyone watches as the father and daughter in awe, and with smiles. Mugman, Chalice and Teacup are among the crowd watching Red Rose dance with her father.

Chalice happily says, "Aww, ain't that the sweetest thing."

"Yeah. It's nice to see Red Rose looking so happy to be with her dad again," Mugman says.

"And she dances beautifully," Teacup happily says.

At the different part of the ball, Cuphead is able to get to the front and watches Red Rose dance beautifully with her father taking the lead.

Astonished, Cuphead says, "Wow. Red Rose is amazing," He then begins to doubt himself, "I don't know if I can dance like that. I'm starting to have second thoughts dancing with Red Rose, especially with my two left feet."

Cuphead watches as Red Rose dances elegantly on the dance floor, and ends up blushing a bit.

Moments later, the dance routine has come to an end, and Captain Storm and Red Rose take a bow. Everyone applauds and cheers with smiles on their faces.

"Thank you honey and my little rosy cakes for giving us a wonderful dance. Now then, everyone has a wonderful time. There are food and drinks, and there will be music and dancing throughout the night. And we'll begin the countdown at 11:59. Anyone who wants to join can come to the ballroom to begin the countdown. Until then, everyone has a grand time at the ball," Bon Bon says.

Soon enough, everyone begins to have a grand time at the ball, they have food, drinks, chat with friends, and dance at the dance floor. Cuphead looks around and is feeling rather uneasy about being in the crowd. However, there is one person he has his eyes out for, Red Rose. Cuphead looks around and soon, he spots Red Rose talking with Mugman, Chalice, and Teacup as they have some snacks next to the catering tables.