Chapter 11

🎈CHAPTER 11🎈

*•°Vanessa's POV°•*

*•°Vanessa's POV°•*

The 4th of July festival, the first time I stepped out of the house and showed my face to my friends again after the whole rock war incident with my cousin a few days back.

I was dressed up enough to cover up all the bruises on my arms and legs, the amount of make up I had to use to cover up the bruise on my neck and face was a lot.

We were currently standing in an alley looking at missing kids posters.

"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the stand pipe." Stanley says looking at the missing poster for Ed Corcoran. Richie was playing some instrument in the back, I literally had no idea what it's called.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben says sadly.

Bill lifts up Edward's missing poster, Betty Ripsom's was right under his. "It's like she's been forgotten, because Corcoran's missing." Bill says. "Is it ever gonna end?" Stanley asks.

"What the fuck dude." Richie says from behind us. Eddie finally came back with ice cream after disappearing for awhile.

"What are you guys talking about?" he asks, Richie grabbed a cone from Eddie's hands, making the boy glare up at his friend, he gave me his after taking a few bites.

"What they always talk about." Richie says.

"I actually think it will end, for a little while at least." I looked at Ben curiously, wondering what he found out. "What do you mean?" Beverly asks, staring at him. "So I was going over all my Derry research and I charted out all the big events. The iron works explosion in 1908, the Bradley gang in '35, and the black spot in '62, and now the kids being... I realized this stuff seems to happen..."

"Every 27 years." Bill and Ben says together. All these clown stuff was starting to make me sick to my stomach.

We sat in the park, by the giant statue of an old dude holding an axe. I was seated next to Eddie on Bill's bike.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. It comes out from wherever to eat kids for, like, a year? And then what? It goes into hibernation?" Eddie asks, which I was also wondering. The bruises on my arms were throbbing and aching.

"Maybe, it's like... What do you call it? Cicadas, you know the bugs that come out once every 17 years." Stanley told us. "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed, he says that all the bad things that happen in this town are, because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." Mike says looking in the distance, that clown, was evil itself, I couldn't argue with that.

"But it can't be one thing, we all saw something different." Stanley points out. "Maybe or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see." Mike states. "I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection." Eddie spoke up, staring at Stanley, I could see he was scared, I didn't care if the others noticed, I intertwined our fingers hoping it would bring him some comfort.

"But you didn't, because it isn't real. None of this is, not Eddie's leper, or Bill seeing Georgie, or Vanessa seeing her father or the woman I keep seeing." Stanley says looking down, his voice was wavering.

"She hot?" Richie asks.

"No Richie. She's not hot, her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense. They're all like bad dreams." Stanley says, his voice breaking of fear, Beverly seemed out of it as well.

"I don't think so, I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?" Mike tries to explain to Stanley. "Mike, did you see something too? What did you see?" I asks him, looking at him in question.

"Yes, do guys know that burned down house on Harris Avenue? I was inside when it burned down, before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me, but it was too hot. When the fireman finally found them, the skin on their hands had melted down to the bone. We're all afraid of something." Mike explains, I never knew he had gone through that.

"Got that right." Richie states, looking behind him.

"Why Rich? What are you afraid of?" Eddie asks, Richie's answer made me find this entire situation ironic.

"Clowns."

*°•Unedited•°*