There was nowhere else for me to go! I don't know why Lando took me out of my room and pulled me in here, that was a really dumb move. But, here we are! I look around the box to see if there's anything I can hold onto to make the box heavier. He won't lift it up... will he?

"There wasn't anywhere else to put it." Lando states, still unable to compose himself.

"I can take it out to the recycling if you want." The guy offers.

"No you don't have to do that." Lando adds, clearing his throat.

"Why not?" The person starts walking closer to the box. "You're busy emptying things, I'll sort this for you."

"No it's ok-!"

There's nothing I can do. I just stand there as the box is lifted into the air by whoever is on the other side. I feel like a guilty child being caught hiding in a cupboard from their parents, even though I haven't done anything wrong. The person lifts the box all the way over my head, looking at me with a smile whilst he puts it down beside him. All I can do is look back at him, giving a nervous smile.

"Hi." He says to me, stepping back.

"Hi."

He looks between me and Lando, causing Lando to go red and start laughing. He pulls the collar of his t-shirt up over his face to hide, embarrassment overwhelming him. The guy starts laughing a little as well, continuing to look between me and his friend. Meanwhile, I'm here! Just standing, not really knowing what to say!

"Where do I recognise you from?" The guy asks me, frowning slightly.

"I was a presenter for McLaren this weekend?" I mumble, still unaware of who this is.

"I didn't watch it." He shakes his head. "What's your name?"

"Marci?"

I answer his question like I'm unsure of my own name. The guy narrows his eyes in thought, then looks back to his friend whilst pointing at me. I've never met this person in my life, yet he knows me. Was he with us on the night out and we never spoke? I didn't drink that much, I would recognise him if he did come with us?

"Don't look at me mate." Lando says as his friend is silent in thought.

"No, I am looking at you because she's hiding in your bedroom." The guy corrects Lando, looking back to me whilst his friend hides under his shirt again. "What's your last name?"

"Wiles?" Does my last name make a difference?

The guy stands there, taking a long, hard look. Then, something clicks, and his eyes widen. "You're the girl who got sacked from Mercedes."

Oh fuck.

"Oh my God, don't tell me there's something going on between you guys." The guy steps back, looking between us. "Lando."

That's not a difficult question to answer, not at all! We both look at each other, like we're combining our minds to come up with an answer. He opens his mouth to say something, but not a sound comes out. Neither of us really know what we're doing, or what our relationship is. All I know is, right now, we are fucked!

"Lando!" The guy exclaims, putting his hands on his head. "What about that girl you told me about, the one you met on the night out and got the tattoo with?"

Lando awkwardly clears his throat. "That's her, Max."

Finally, there's a name for this guy! Max blankly stares at Lando, like his hearing is delayed. He then turns to look at me. I sigh, turning my wrist to show the matching tattoo. His jaw drops- again- and he looks back to his friend. He's going to pull a muscle in a minute with all this glancing between me and Lando.

"Oh you're fucked." Max states.

"I'm right here?" I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Oh, I know you're right there." Max says with a smirk, but not a nice one.

"You don't even know the whole story!" I explain, frowning at him. "I'm not some kind of home wrecker?"

"So Mercedes just fired you for no reason then?" Max asks.

"Yes!" My voice comes out louder than I intended. "They got rid of me to end the rumours!"

"Oh that's so believable coming from-"

"Guys!" Lando interrupts us, scowling at us both.

It's so obvious that Max believes everything that the press and social media said about me. His reaction to my name says it all. I understand that he might be looking out for Lando, but he can trust his friend to make an assumption of someone? Also, I am right here. I can tell him the entire story from start to finish if he wants! I've already reiterated it to Lando, who's been texting him about me anyway?

"Max, the whole story about her at Mercedes was bollocks." Thank God Lando told him it straight. "They fired her to save Lewis' reputation, and probably his seat."

"I could've explained that myself if you let me." I remark, my tone still salty.

"Oh, come on, you can see where I'm coming from." Max scoffs, practically side-eyeing me. "So are you two a thing?"

"No."

"No?"

"But you like each other." Max states, like we're hopeless teenagers.

I'll be honest, I didn't actually know Lando likes me. You don't necessarily have to fancy someone to kiss them; personally I don't work like that, but I know some people can kiss others like it's nothing. He could've told me before he told this guy! It would've been nice to find out from Lando himself rather than Max!

"Ok, you're both useless, got it." Max nods after neither of us give him an answer. "Anyway, I'm pretty sure Charles is throwing his usual party on Wednesday night before you fly on Thursday, are you going?"

"I don't want a hangover before double practice on Friday though." Lando grimaces.

"You say that every time and you've never not gone." Max scoffs, causing Lando to roll his eyes. "Are you going or not?"

"Yes, I'm going." Lando sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Do you want to come Marci?"

"I'm sure he'll love having me there." I point to Max, who rolls his eyes at me.

"I don't really care." Max shrugs, defending himself. "I can't imagine Lando will just leave you here on your own."

"Well then I'll come." I nod, reaching for my glasses on top my head to sort out my hair, only realising they're not there. "Where did my glasses go?"

"You threw them, remember?" Lando smirks, nodding his head towards the bedroom door. "You panicked because Ally called you."

Oh yeah! That's my excuse to get out this room and let them both talk about me! Yay!