Whitley forces a sarcastic grin with a smug chuckle, then rolls his eyes as he turns to lead them into the foyer. Scattered around the room are small groups of formally dressed guests. Waiters roam the room with trays of wine glasses and hors d'oeuvres. Whitley stops in the middle of the room, turns to Ironwood's group and points to his right.

Whitley: For those of you joining us in the dining room, please follow me.

He walks in the direction he pointed, crossing his arms behind his back. Ironwood, Winter, Penny and Clover Ebi follow. Clover glances back at the others.

Clover: Wish us luck.

Qrow: I mean, they already invited you, didn't they?

Clover responds with a slight chuckle. A Faunus waiter approaches Qrow and offers him a tray of wine glasses with his rabbit ears folded back.

Waiter: Care for a drink, sir?

Qrow looks at the wine, his eyes widening slightly.

Qrow: Uh... No, n-no thanks.

Qrow waves his hand in rejection and turns to Team RWBY and (Y/N).

Qrow: I think I'll just stick to patrolling the grounds.

Qrow walks away from the group. Marrow Amin frowns and watches the waiter pass by.

Marrow: Words out of my mouth.

Marrow walks away in the same direction as Qrow, and Harriet Bree turns to address Team RWBY and (Y/N).

Harriet: Right, well, don't wander off, don't break anything, and be ready in case the General calls on you.

Harriet walks away with Vine Zeki and Elm Ederne.

Vine: Hors d'oeuvres?

Elm: Let's eat them out of house and home.

(Y/N): You had me at eat.

(Y/N) grabbed a plate of food.

Yang: Counterpoint, how about we do wander off, consider breaking things, and then all that other stuff.

Weiss: I'll be in touch.

Weiss points to her ear, then heads to the staircase. She stops at the base of the staircase upon seeing Whitley descending the stairs.

Whitley: Dear sister, I was hoping we could use this time to catch up.

Weiss: Oh--

Whitley: I have to know, why did you go through so much trouble to leave home, only to come crawling back?

Whitley gestures as he speaks and ends his question with a smug grin. Weiss looks away and sighs, while her friends watch from across the room.

Oscar: This might be a problem.

(Y/N) looks on stuffing his face with food.

Jacques: General Ironwood, please... have a seat.

Jacques is standing on the other side of the room at the head of a long dining room table, and he opens his arms in invitation. Sitting to either side of him are Sleet and Camilla. On the left side of the room, Robyn Hill is standing by a window, staring outside with her arms crossed. Ironwood nods to Clover and Winter, who then take their seats on either side of the end of the table nearest to them. Penny takes a seat next to Winter.

Ironwood: Councilman Sleet, Councilwoman Camilla.

Ironwood takes a seat at the end of the table.

Robyn: Councilwoman Hill would have had a nice ring to it. Though I suppose I should just be grateful I got invited to the table.