It seems they would be changing chores a day earlier than they thought. So Fay awaited her chores while a series of murmurs breaks down among the maids. She knew no matter, Madam Kate won't assign her to any chore that will give her close contact with the princes, Madam Kate have told her several times to stray away from the princes. 'They are trouble.' She always said.

''Fay, you are assigned to the kitchen.'' Madam Kate said and Fay felt sad. She still wants to somehow see the princes, admire them, especially, Hermit.

She didn't hear where Madam Kate assigned the others to because she wasn't listening, she was imagining things. Imagining her life with Prince Hermit.

''okay, now, get to work.'' Madam Kate ordered snapping her out of her thought.

_____________

TWO MONTHS LATER

Fay continued her work in the kitchen for two months and gladly, it was nice and she never had to look for food.

Satisfied with her work, she smiled, the onions were nicely chopped and she noticed her cutlery skills has increased.

''Fay!'' Amanda called, running towards her.

''yes, keep it low Ama.'' Fay reprimanded.

''sorry, I need your help.''

That caught Fay's attention, Amanda wasn't a kitchen maid so it shocked her to hear Amanda ask for help.

''what may that be?'' Fay asked, all her attention focused on Amanda.

''I can't serve the food today; I'm having stomach pains and if I make any slight mistake they'll punish me. Please.'' She pleaded.

''but there are other maids with those skills. I have never served the royals; however do you expect me to be of help to you?" Fay was perplexed.

''it isn't that hard I swear. You'll see how others do it.''

Fay knew she would be lying if she says she doesn't know how to serve, she has learnt that a long time ago hoping she would one day serve the Royals and even Madam Hannah have praised her skills.

It's just that she was never given the opportunity to serve the Royals.

''but Amanda this is risky.'' Fay pointed out.

''please Fay.'' Amanda pleaded with sad and hopeful eyes.

''okay. Lets hurry up, it's almost about time.'' Fay advised, agreeing to it.

Fay walked into the dining room to see the table already occupied by the princes, the King and the Queen.

Fay and another maid began to serve the dishes, it did not occur to Fay that the next person she was serving after Prince Venus was silent and it shocked her when her hand was held in a very painful manner.

She couldn't help but to look at the person holding her hand, she was certain it is a prince, her eyes met a pair of cold and empty black eyes and she inhaled, although the eyes hold those characteristics, it was still so beautiful like an oasis.

Hermit slowly blinked his eye before he turns his head to look at the maid; he wanted to see her face before killing her. It showed she didn't value her life because all the maids know better than to serve him, he does that himself since he saw no need in making people do things for him. Things he can do for himself.

He stared into her brown eyes and his eyes squinted, he could never forget those eyes. They left an imprint on him from their first meeting.

Ten years ago, these same eyes had stared at him from head to toe before settling back to his eyes, he stared back then she smiled, although she looked to be around eight or nine years then but her smile was mesmerizing and she said.