CHAPTER - 23 HIS WOMAN!!

Siddharth got up and moved towards his bhaiyya's study. It has been 2 days his bhabhi was attacked and not a single clue of the attacker is found. His bhabhi, Home Minister of West Bengal, Daughter in law of Roys, Abhimanyu Vardhaan Roy's Wife, The Akshara Vardhaan Roy was attacked in broad day light. That didn't sit well with him. He had been very scared thinking about the worst scenarios of something happening to his bhabhi. But not until this morning when Ruchika bashed him for being the dumbest idiot, he didn't realise he needed to be the support his bhaiyya needed now, not a child who should be protected. His bhaiyya raised him better. He will forever be grateful to Ruchika, his woman.

He halted in his steps out side the Study to see his bhaiyya not able to concentrate on his work. His bhaiyya was getting agitated minute by minute. He sighed. He should have talked to his bhaiyya before. He was about to go in but stopped when his bhaiyya got a call.

Abhimanyu was waiting for Vikranth's call. He told no one except to Vikranth about the threat note. He picked up the call immediately but whatever Vikranth said from the other side left him even more agitating. There are no traces of the attacker. Nothing could be found from the note nor from the bouquet. The fact that the person had his tracks well covered is screaming that he is a big name. And that scared him more.

Siddharth frowned looking at his bhaiyya. His bhaiyya didn't speak anything during the call but his face was telling that call was not a good news. Now that he was thinking properly, he can see his bhaiyya getting paranoid. Yes his bhabhi was attacked but There are many incidents where they had intelligence reports of attacks. Not once his bhaiyya got panicked this badly. Yes he used to be over protective and over bearing few times but he used to deal strategically. Never once he saw his bhaiyya getting agitated about anything. Or maybe there was something else his bhaiyya was not telling them? If that is the case, he need to talk to his bhaiyya.

Abhimanyu looked up startled when Siddharth walked in. He forced himself to smile.

Siddharth sat infront of Abhimanyu and looked at him - Aap teek hai bhaiyya?

Abhimanyu - Haa. Kyu puch raha hai?

Siddharth shook his head. There is no point beating around the bush - Koi baat hai jo aap ko pareshaan kar rahi hai, bhaiyya? You don't look fine.

Abhimanyu sighed. Why did he even think Siddharth will not know him. The boy was his reflection. Siddharth - You can trust me to stand strong bhaiyya. You know this right?

Abhimanyu smiled. He obviously know his child is strong. But he is not sure if he is strong enough to take the news of Akshara's death threat.

Siddharth caught his bhaiyya's hand - Aap humesha kehte hai na bhaiyya ki parivaar thakat hota hai, kamzoori nahi. Let me be your strength bhaiyya. I can see something is troubling you very much. I also have a hunch that it is not a good news. But I can assure you, I will stand strong for our family bhaiyya. Agar aapko mujhpe bharosa nahi hai tho aapke parvarish pe bharosa karo bhaiyya.

Abhimanyu looked at his child. The child he raised on his own. The child who used to come to him to discuss each and every small problem of his, the very same child was now sitting infront of him asking him to share his problems and giving his word that he will stand strong no matter what. He couldn't be more proud. He also realised his child is not a child anymore. He has become a man. That made him as much sad as happy.

Abhimanyu cupped Siddharth's face - The day I don't trust you will be the last day of this earth bacha. I trust you with my whole existence. We will talk tonight. Aaj raat dinner ke baad baat karte hai. Hmm?

Siddharth smiled and went away.

Everyone present in the living room flinched when Abhimanyu threw his phone in anger. Akshara slowly approached him. No one other than her could dare to go near him. He was bubbling in anger, like Mahadev had opened his third eye! But the family members saw more of tension and fear than anger in his eyes.