CHAPTER - 07 BREAK!!!

A new character:

Vinod Vikranth Verma

Vishal Vardhaan Roy's personal body guard. Runs a security agency. Man with sharp brain.

3:15 pm

Abhimanyu and Abeer reached Birla Hospitals as fast as they can. Abhimanyu was desperate to talk to Vikranth. He is supposed to go to Kerala but cancelled his plan as David got caught. He knew for a fact that Vinod Saxena didn't kill his father. The boy just hated Sid, he had nothing to do with CM of Bengal. But his heart was still not at peace. It would not be until Vikranth would tell him that it was just an accident, not a murder.

Dr. Karan Birla, Abeer and Abhimanyu's friend was waiting for them.

Abhimanyu - How is he Karan?

Karan - He is absolutely fine. Nothing to worry. He will be completely fine with 2 more weeks in hospital.

Abeer - Can we talk to him?

Karan nodded.

Abhimanyu rushed inside. Abeer waited outside giving his friend some privacy.

Vikranth's eyes misted looking at Abhimanyu. Tears of guilt they were. Guilt of not being able to save Vishal, Guilt of letting down the trust Abhimanyu gave him.

Abhimanyu caught Vikranth's hand and squeezed it gently - You have nothing to be guilty of, Vicky.

Vikranth couldn't hold back his tears. Abhimanyu never needed words to understand him. The dam broke. Vishal Vardhaan Roy was not just a duty or responsibility for him. Vishal gave him a shelter to live when he was begging on road sides in Kerala. Abhimanyu treated him just like he treated Anirudh. Vishal gave him a family while Abhimanyu gave him emotional security. He just couldn't protect the person who fathered him.

Vikranth cried in Abhimanyu's arms - I am sorry. I am sorry, bhai. I couldn't protect baba. I failed.

Abhimanyu patted his back - shh. You didn't fail, Vicky. Don't blame yourself.

Abhimanyu blinked back his tears against the pain he felt. Vikranth's pain was no less. The boy loved his, sorry, their father like anything. Their father gave Vikranth a life but Abhimanyu was the one who raised him just like Anirudh, Sid and Dev. Vikranth is family. Abhimanyu had been scared when doctors told him Vikranth might not wake up. Now, he was awake, he is just grateful to god. He didn't know how he would have dealt if Vikranth also died in that accident.

Once Vikranth Visibly calmed down, Abhimanyu sat beside him - Dad's death is an accident right?

Vikranth nodded his head - hum airport ke liye vapas aa rahe the, a truck seemed to lose its control and it hit from front.

Abhimanyu relaxed. It was not a murder. His family is safe. But what Vikranth said later made him furious.

Vinod - Kaash mai marjata us accident mein.