Entry #8

Entry #8

October 26, 2022

Today was the second day of tryouts for the Intramurals. We were unfortunate not to win first place for the MLBB tryouts, but we were fortunate to settle on the fourth spot. Umabot pa rin kami ng semi-finals even if I was the least good player. I was the only female player left. Still, I was proud.

And you wouldn't believe it. Kyan was there the whole time. He was assigned to manage the MLBB tryouts together with the other chairpersons and vice-chairpersons. I think he got plenty of time kasi nakaya niyang magcheer sa amin at pumwesto sa tabi ko. I was so nervous to play the game, let out win every match with him beside me. He was cheering me up, of course kinilig ako.

Two days ago, the same thing happened. Kyan actually told me that the MLBB tryouts were moved. He wanted me to manage it together with him but I was a little occupied. Everyday, tinatamaan ako kay Kyan. It wasn't a good thing, because each day it gets difficult to hide it. I would be left a blushing mess every time we hang out. Even the littlest interaction gave me butterflies.

Kagaya nalang ngayon. He was close to me the whole time. And I wondered if I could keep him with me. May I keep him nalang? I swear I'd treat him right.

_______

"Oh my gosh, Mhiema, ba't gwapo yang classmate mo?" Ani ni Kyan habang naghihintay kami makapasok sa first round. I was supposed to be the sixth man kasi may main lineup na kami kaso our marksman was late. They were stuck in traffic, worse umuulan pa. I was already anxious to begin the day with an odd weather. Tumawa nalang ako sa sinabi niya. "Yes, and he's smart." I added.

"Baka nasa STEM F talaga ang true love—ay! Hahaha," jusko ang likot niya. Syempre, nasa akin. Kung ako nalang kaya?

He was eyeing one of my classmates. He was the support of the team since we switched positions. He looked rather cool today. Ewan ko lang. Hindi naman ako naakit sa mukha niya, pero si Kyan, eto...tumitili sa gilid ko. "Hmmm...behave sis," pabirong sabi ko. Baka batukan kita.

He sheepishly smiled at me and hugged me suddenly. "Sorry na po, hehe..." I averted my gaze and focused on my phone screen before I blinked my eyes rapidly for a short moment. What the heck was that?

A few moments passed, and it was already three in the afternoon. We had won a couple of matches already, and we were just waiting for our next opponent when Kyan showed up in front of the room entrance. I raised my brow at him before I switched to watching my friends instead. Tumabi naman siya ulit sa akin. Maya maya pa ay nagpicture kaming lahat. I was only observing them the whole time while making jokes and literally keeping him laughing and smiling. Corny ng jokes but as long as he finds them hilarious, I'd keep throwing them.

I was going to say something to him when I saw a message from my dad. He was saying something about his house being left alone and that I had to come over and watch over it for him. His mistress visited her beloved province, and she wanted him to stay with her and her daughter. Ako na naman ang mag adjust.

"Why? What happened? Okay ka lang?" Biglaang tanong ni Kyan sa akin. I turned to look at him, hoping to look for comfort. There it was, I found it in his eyes, as unbelievable as it was. I only nodded and didn't say anything after that, and Kyan seemed to notice my emotional changes.

"Hey, everything's going to be alright. Gusto mo ice cream?" I refused. Feeling ko iiyak ako pag kakain ako ng ice cream. My dad used to buy me ice cream whenever I was feeling down...all the way back when we were a complete family.

I really just wanted a complete and happy family.

"Can I excuse myself muna? I've got to talk to my mom." I was hesitating to call my mom and tell her that dad actually called me to live in Maria Luisa for a night. Then, I realized that kuya would never agree. I would not also agree, but something's telling me to agree. The last option was to lie. I never lie to the both of them, not when the situation I'm in is serious.

I quickly called my mom to tell her that I was going to have a sleepover at Michelle's house which was surprisingly located at Maria Luisa subdivision. Well, they're rich. I promised Michelle that I'm going to repay her but she only said that she's going to accompany me at my father's house.

"Ano? Is it solved na ba?" Michelle asked worriedly. I gave her small thumbs up before I went back to my seat. "If your kuya's going to find out about this, wag mo kong damayin ha? Baka he won't like me na, pero sino ba siya para ireject ako?" Napatawa ako kahit ang sama ng pakiramdam ko. Feeling ko they'd be so disappointed at me for siding with my dad.

After we finished the last game for today, the sun has died down. It was already half past six. Kyan was nowhere to be found and the other higher officers planned to continue the rest of the game through google meet. We were packing up our things kasi halos lahat ng ilaw sa ibang rooms ay nakapatay na when Kyan walked in holding a white plastic bag. Nilapitan niya ako at iniharang ang plastic bag sa mukha ko. Inside the bag were ice cream cones with different flavors.

"Eto ba yung dahilan kung bakit nawala ka?" Tumango siya. "Here you go. Isa lang ha. You haven't had your dinner, mhiema. These are for you, guys. Eat well." I blushed as I observed him.

Now, this was rare. Who would've thought?

"Thank you, Kyan." It was a heartwarming thought talaga. I couldn't even stop smiling even after I finished the ice cream. He shrugged and told me to stop thanking him. We were on our way to the bus stop already. Just the thought of going home separately maimed me.

"Won't your parents scold you for going home at this hour?" He suddenly asked. Michelle was trailing behind us, contacting her parents that she'll be with me. I shook my head. "Hindi naman. It's a little complicated. I'd tell you about it at another time nalang. It'll take too long. Where are you headed to?"

"Paseo Saturnino." My eyes widened in shock. Pati si Michelle napaurong. "We three are headed there???" Michelle and I voiced out in sync. Tumawa siya at napatango nalang. I was going to say something when Michelle grabbed me by my hand and told me to speak to her parents through the phone. Then after, pinisil niya yung gilid ko.

"Eto ba yung lakad pauwi na sinasabi nila?" She whispered while smiling at me, clearly teasing me. "Tanginamo, Dezryl." She cussed at me before pushing me beside Kyan.

Baka eto na nga.

_______