Wildfire II1:12

"What the absolute hell is wrong with you Blake?!"

"Could you please stop yelling for just five minutes?! Yeez, Kate." Bellamy yells frustrated as he walks up towards a table in the dropship next to the injured boy they found when they left on a search party last night. Without me!

"I'm sorry am I pissing you off?" I say my voice full of sarcasm. "We'll how the fuck would you feel if I left in the middle of a night, without telling you, to go look for your sister who disappeared out in the woods?!"

"I'd be pissed too, okay?! But the fact is that what's done is done. I can't change it, Kate."

"My brother is out there! Clark is out there! And now Monty is out there! How could you not tell me?!"

"The camp had already lost them. If we both went out to look for them we ran the risk of leaving the camp with no leader whatsoever. Only one of us could go, and I knew if I had told you-"

"I would have gone! As I should've!"

"Exactly and I am sorry Kate but I'm not willing to lose you. Not ever. So I'm sorry for not telling you but don't expect me to apologize for putting your safety above mine because I won't and I'd do it again if needed." He said sternly as he walked up to face me. I looked back at him pissed. He makes it so hard for me to like him.

"Asshole." that's all I'm able to say as I turn away to tend to the poor boy that had gone out with Finn and Clark on the hunting party. He had been hit by two arrows, luckily they were both in non lethal areas that I was able to safely remove. With Clark now gone I'm apparently the designated doctor.

"How you holding up Myles?"

"I'm good... a little thirsty though." I brush my hand over his hair trying to comfort him.

"Don't worry I'll bring you some water." I smile down at him. He closes his eyes taking a small nap so I move to go get him his water.

"Blake, go get this kid a cup of water." I ordered as moved to look through some boxes in the dropship. Trying to look for bandages or anything I could use for Myles.

"I'm busy Kate, I thought you said you were going to go get it-"

"Don't. test. me Blake."  I cut in trying my best not to yell at him. Bellamy went to open his mouth but a sharp glare from me closed it right back.

"I'll be back soon." he left to go fetch me some water. I sigh as I keep moving between boxes trying to find anything useful. I hear footsteps in the dropship but I just assume it's Jasper, who was working with the gun powder in the level above. But then I start to hear more racket and groaning? The hell is he doing? I go to stand up to see what was going on but a voice stopped me.

"He stopped breathing I was... I was trying to help him." Murphy? What's he doing here? I creeped over to try and see what was going on. Myles laid dead on the table with Murphy standing guiltily next to him and Jasper climbing down the ladder of the dropship like a deer caught in head lights.