Chapter 07

[I hope you have reached safely.]

This one text message from his number made her blush, Prachi knew this was just regular worry in his text and no hidden meaning yet somewhere she liked his gentle personality.

Whenever someone asked what kind of man she likes, she would just be basic saying,

"He should be caring, loving and respectful towards me. Support me in life."

"Money means nothing to you?"

When other person asked about money her answer would always leave them speechless,

"Obviously we will be earning too."

She always wished to have a caring husband who would only love her, getting boyfriend was a big no for her because obviously falling in love is important but alas.

Even when she tried to get in one she got cheated on, it was not like she was not affected what kept her strong was this tiny little hope that atleast her soulmate will not be like this.

When realisation hit her she slapped away her stupid thoughts and messaged him back not wanting him to misunderstand herself as an arrogant person.

[I reached safely. How is your wound? Make sure to apply soothing cream.]

When he saw her reply he smiled, as if he has achieved something great.

She waited for few minutes but when nothing popped up again on her message chat she understood that he must've been asleep by now.

Which indeed was confirmed later on when early in the morning she got his text message.

[I am sorry. I couldn't text you back because i fell asleep.]

Having just woken up from her sleep she looked away uninterested but then again looked back to found it his.

She wanted to reply him back but then she stopped herself,

' What if he thought of me as an free person who got nothing to do? No, i am not going reply this early he should know that early this morning i have no time to text him. '

It was afternoon when she finally decided to text him back unaware that he already saw her time of seeing his message in the chat box app.

[No issues i can understand. I fell asleep too.]

Staring back at her text he smiled in agony. She is so cute that he wanted to pinch her cheeks.

When he finally looked back at Nisha who was standing in front of him, he sighed and said,

"Look i am already tired of this. I will pay you extra amount. From today you are free to go."

"You can't do this to me!"

Unexpected of her behaviour he asked in bored tone,

"Why?"

"Because i love you. You are my boyfriend!"

.............

Finally when she reached home did she got any chance to look at her phone with tired eyes in expectations of getting any reply but again it was back to square.

He read her message but didn't reply back, maybe he didn't wanted to initiate anything.

Indeed she was disappointed because she got this tiny little hope that maybe something will spark between them but obviously not everything goes on your way.

Having her dinner she watched a movie and then went to sleep, maybe in this life getting a good partner will be not easy for her atleast.

Prachi Sharma an orphan aged 25 years was already a manager in an Multinational Company never had any spring moments with anyone.

But now getting settled in her life that she is earning and investing while doing her work, she thinks now is the time to get a partner for lifetime.

So romantic! Alas, if only someone can love her.

These days suddenly her work started to became a little more hectic as there was this gossip circulating that their company was going to have start a new joint venture with another multi-billion company in month,

Which indeed increased her work load, internally every individual person was competing against each other to grab this wonderful opportunity to work in new project.

"This time the competition to choose the manager for next project will be tough."

"I think shantanu will be getting this role, he did got such tasks easily earlier."

"Yeah but there is also Prachi who can get this opportunity, after all her performance this time was really good."

Rubbing her sore eyes she was getting out of washroom cubicle when she heard two female colleagues talking about her.

'I don't even know when this sudden burden will be away from me. I am so tired these days! Once it's done i will definitely go for sleep for longer.'

Her sudden appearance from the cubicle shut both of them who continued to apply sunscreen on their face.

"This sunscreen looks good what brand it is?"

"Oh this. It's the new one launched by XX company. You know it smells so good, and is so smooth..."

After washing and wiping her hands clean she went out again to get busy with her work,

Her boss, head manager was adamant on making her work twice harder so she could get this good opportunity which everyone was talking about.

And not surprisingly her boss is none other than Shantanu!