18 | Dating

Hinata left the flower shop, carrying a bouquet of roses. He was wrong. He did like Komaeda as more than just a friend and he knew that now so he had to confess. He told Komaeda to meet him at the park under a cherry blossom tree. He knew it was very cliché, but Komaeda seemed like the kind of person to like that.

Once he got to the park, he hid the bouquet behind his back. Komaeda was sitting under the tree. Hinata smiled and approached him.

"Hey,"

"Hello there!" Komaeda looked up at him. "So, what is it you wanted to tell me?"

Hinata took a deep breath. "Please go out with me,"

"Huh?" He gasped, blushing.

"Go out with me. I like you,"

"Y-you do? April fools is over, you know? So don't try to-"

"I'm not joking! I mean it. I want you to be my boyfriend." He crouched down to be closer to Komaeda's face since the other boy was sitting down. Then he gently grabbed his hands. "So? Will you, uh, be mine?"

Komaeda's face heated up even more. "Haha, you're blunt as ever..."

"Yes or no?"

"Oh! Of course I want to! I really like you too, after all,"

Hinata smiled. "Cool,"

They sat in silence for a while until the brunet spoke up.

"So like... do we tell people?"

"I wouldn't mind,"

"But I'm not out to most people yet. My parents don't even know I like girls and boys,"

"I mean, we don't have to tell people." Komaeda shrugged. "I'm happy as long as I get to be with you,"

Hinata turned red. "Yeah... me too,"

-

Komaeda didn't have the best grades in english class. His parents really cared about grades, so they arranged him a tutor. It was a man in his mid twenties.

"Nice to meet you, Komaeda-kun. My name is Nishikawa,"

"Nice to meet you too. Uhm, what exactly are you going to teach me?"

"Let's slow down a bit. I'd like to get to know you first so I can figure out which teaching method would be good for you,"

"Ah, alright,"

"So, tell me about yourself,"

Komaeda shook his head. "I'm sorry, I can't really think of anything,"

Nishikawa smiled. "That's fine. How about I just ask you a few questions?"

Komaeda nodded.

"Alright. Are you in a relationship?"

The pale boy blushed. He giggled nervously and nodded.

Nishikawa smiled. "And? How's it going? I can give you relationship advice if you want. Have you guys ever kissed?"

Komaeda turned bright pink. "N-no! We haven't even held hands!"

The older man laughed. Komaeda pouted. "Don't make fun of me..."

"I'm not. I just think it's funny how innocent you are,"

Komaeda looked away, embarassed.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. How about we get started with English now? If you ever get 100 points on a test, we can go out to eat Ramen together as a reward,"

The pale boy grinned. "Deal!"

"Great. Then let's begin!"