3 | After the festival

"Naegi-kun, I messed up so bad!" Komaeda complained. "I'm never showing my face again. I should just die..." He sulked.

"It's just a school play. It's not that serious,"

Komaeda took a bite of a donut the cooking club had made.

"Hinata-kun, you really look like a prince!" Maizono said. "That outfit looks really good on you!"

"Oh, thanks." He smiled.

"Can we take a picture together?"

"Sure,"

Maizono got out her phone and Hinata crouched down a bit to take the photo with her.

"Soul bro!" Someone could be heard shouting while running down the halls. The door swung open and a boy with pink hair ran inside.

"What's up?"

"Sonia-san told me I could water her flowers while she's sick! I think she likes me!" He excitedly said.

"That's what this is about? I thought it was something serious,"

"I thought my soul bro would care..." Souda complained.

Hinata was pretty popular, huh?

"By the wayyyy, I heard some girls talking about you. Seems like they think you're hot in that outfit,"

The brunet rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. I don't really care. I only agreed to this so I could help Tanaka,"

"Dude, girls love you! You should really be happier about that!" Souda lightly punched his shoulder.

Several more people entered the room. "Finally, we're done cleaning the kitchen!" Asahina said as she sat down.

"Hey, Komaeda, look!" Kuwata held up his phone which showed a picture of when Hinata was holding him after he fell.

"What?? I never said you could take pictures of me!"

"Oh, you but were such a beautiful princess!" He laughed. "It almost looked like you guys were actually in love! Hahaha!"

A few people laughed.

"Hey, send me the picture!" Iruma told Kuwata.

They kept joking and laughing at them. Komaeda didn't like it. Hinata looked at him and saw that he was upset. They all made fun of them.

"Hey, stop it. It's not even funny," Hinata said.

Komaeda looked at him.

"We're just joking,"

"I'm not laughing. And neither is Komaeda,"

Everyone got quiet and it was really awkward.

"It's fine..." Komaeda muttered. "They're kidding. It's not like I'll actually fall for you,"

"Exactly!" Kuwata said.

The teacher entered the room. "The festival was a success. You all did a good job. As a reward, I'll buy you all ice cream!"

"Yay!" Maizono clapped her hands together.

"That's awesome!" Naegi grinned.

"Naegi-kun, let's go buy it!" Maizono said. She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room.

Everyone began talking again. Hinata sat down on a chair next to Komaeda.

"Are you okay?" He asked him.

Komaeda nodded. "I am now that you stood up for me," Crap, why would he say something like that?!

"It's not nice that they were laughing at you. You were helping Sonia and the whole school out. That's not something to make fun of,"

"Thank you, Hinata-senpai. You're a good guy." He smiled.

"Thanks." He ruffled Komaeda's hair. "So are you,"

"I'm really not,"

"You are. Not a lot of guys would wear a dress just to help someone,"

Komaeda yawned. "Whatever you say,"

"Are you tired?"

"Mhm... I should go home. What a shame... I wanted ice cream, but if I get home late, my parents will be worried. It's already dark,"

"I can walk you home if you want. And then we can go eat ice cream together sometime. I was gonna leave soon anyway,"

Komaeda looked at him in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah." Hinata got up. "Let's go." He quickly took of the prince costume that he had been wearing over his normal clothes.

Komaeda nodded and got up. They said goodbye to everyone and then left the school.

"Why are you helping me out?" Komaeda asked.

"Why not? I wanna get to know you so I can decide properly,"

Komaeda blushed. "Right... I'm so cold... and sleepy,"

Hinata chuckled. "You remind me a little of Nanami." He took off his jacket and put it around Komaeda's shoulders.

"Aren't you cold?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm a naturally warm person,"

"I see!" Komaeda smiled. "I bet that comes in handy a lot during winter times!"

"It does, yeah,"

"My house is over there." Komaeda pointed at it.

They made their way over there and rang the doorbell. Komaeda's mother opened it.

"Weclome back. Oh, who's this?" She looked at Hinata.

"Hinata-senpai walked me home,"

"Ah, how kind of you! Would you like to come in for dinner?"