9 | Hinata's place

In the evening, Hinata took Komaeda to his house. The pale boy looked around. It was pretty dark since the lights weren't on. Suddenly, he saw red eyes glowing in the far back of the hallway.

"Aaah! What the heck is that thing?!" He pointed at the eyes.

"That's my brother," Hinata said.

"Oh. Sorry, haha!"

Kamukura stepped forward, which slowly revealed his long, dark hair and bored face.

"Is this Komaeda?"

"Yes, that's me,"

"Don't tell Nanami you saw me alive,"

"It sounds like you're being mean to her. She was very sad today because you keep ignoring her texts,"

"You don't know me. You do not understand why I do what I do. You do not know the demons that I try not to unleash-"

"That is the corniest shit I've ever heard in my entire life," Hinata said, glaring at him. "Let's go to my room, Komaeda,"

They went upstairs and Komaeda sat down on Hinata's bed.

"So, what do you wanna do?" The brunet asked.

"Hm... this dress is so flowy and nice... maybe... never mind,"

"What? Now I wanna know,"

"I've always wanted to... dance with a boy and stuff..." He said, looking away.

"We can do that,"

Komaeda got up, smiling. "Really?"

"Yeah." Hinata held out his hand to him. "Uh, may I have this dance, m'lady?"

Komaeda laughed. "Sure!"

Hinata put a hand on Komaeda's waist and Komaeda put one on Hinata's shoulder. They held each other's free ones and began to dance.

The pale boy looked up at Hinata. He then noticed a weird feeling... he felt all fuzzy and happy. Did he... have a crush on Hinata? No way. Maizono liked him, so he couldn't.

"Komaeda?"

"Yes?"

"I'm hungry. Are you?"

"A bit, yes,"

"Wanna go get a snack?"

"Mhm,"

They went into the kitchen where Kamukura was making food. Hinata leaned on the doorframe, arms crossed.

"You've been cooking non-stop lately, Izuru," He said.

"I'm hungry a lot,"

"Ugh, whatever. Can you at least make some for us too?"

"Sure,"

"Hinata-senpai, my father is probably going to come pick me up soon,"

"Oh, I could've walked you home,"

"No, he insisted. He's a bit overprotective and doesn't want us to, I don't know, get robbed or something,"

"I see. I guess that's fine. I'm gonna go get my phone, I'll be right back." Hinata went upstairs.

Kamukura placed three plates on the table and sat down to eat. "You will not tell Nanami you saw me,"

Komaeda raised an eyebrow. "I can do whatever I want. I mean... I don't know you both very well, but I don't think it's nice to hurt her feelings,"

"Silence,"

Komaeda frowned. Hinata walked into the room. "Izuru, stop being rude. No wonder you have no friends,"

Kamukura glared at him. "Not having friends is my smallest problem at the moment. And if people like you and Nanami keep bothering me, I won't ever go back to school," He hissed.

"Stop insulting Nanami! She's just worried about you,"

"She shouldn't be,"

The doorbell rang. "Oh, that must be my dad." Komaeda stood up and quickly hugged Hinata.

"Thanks for spending time with me today." He smiled.

"No problem. See you!"

"Yup!" Komaeda opened the door and went home with his father.