6 | Kitchen

"Shit, what are you doing, Souda?!" Hinata yelled as he ran to the other side of the kitchen. He grabbed the fire extinguisher and put out the fire his friend had caused.

"How the fuck do you burn a microwave?! This is the school's property!" He practically shouted, stressed out.

"D-don't yell at me!" Souda whined.

"My God... you were just supposed to heat up the butter..."

"You talk big for a guy who refuses to cook with us!" Kuzuryuu shouted at Hinata.

"That's because I don't like cooking! And I have homework to do." He sat back down to continue said homework.

"But isn't that, like, rude?" Mioda asked. "I mean, we're making this for the younger students and it's mean if you don't help us out,"

"Look, I'm really not a good chef,"

"I'd gladly teach you, Hinata-kun!" Hanamura said.

Then, Souda tripped and got flour all over the kitchen.

"I-I didn't think someone more clumsy th-than me existed!" Tsumiki shrieked.

"I tripped over Tanaka's stupid hamster..."

"How dare you?! You foolish mortal! Rise up, my fiends! We shall not let this-"

"I'm sorry, Tanaka, but we need to clean this up," Hinata interrupted him.

"The kitchen is so dirty..." Koizumi sighed.

"Having someone here who's good at cleaning would be nice!" Mioda said.

The door swung open and there stood Komaeda, hands on his hips.

"Ahahahahahaha!" He laughed. "You guys truly are fortunate to have me around! I am excellent at cleaning! I am your savior! I am the deus ex machina! Ahahahaha!"

"Who is this guy..?"

"Is he insane?"

"All of you, get out!" Komaeda shouted. "I can't work with so many people around,"

"Gahaha! I like his determination!" Nidai grinned. He shoved his classmates out of the kitchen and wished Komaeda luck.

Not even ten minutes later, the door opened again and Komaeda stepped aside, revealing a kitchen that was practically sparkling.

"You didn't have to clean it that much. We're gonna have to start cooking again now," Koizumi said. Then she smiled. "But thanks. You did a really good job!"

Everyone except Hinata and Komaeda entered the kitchen again. Komaeda was about to leave, when Hinata grabbed his wrist.

The pale boy turned around, surprised. Hinata let go of him.

"Sorry. Uh, I just wanted to ask how you knew we needed someone to help us clean?"

"Oh!" He got out knife from his bag. Hinata's eyes widened.

"What the-?!"

"I accidentally grabbed it and took it home after the cooking club. I was just about to put it back, when I heard you guys,"

"I see. Well, do you maybe wanna hang out again tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? On... valentine's day?" He asked, surprised.

"I mean, it doesn't have to be like... a date. I just thought hanging out was fun last time,"

Komaeda smiled. "It really was! We can hang out tomorrow,"

"Nice." Hinata gave him a thumbs up. "Then how about we go eat pizza or something?"

"Sounds fun! But you should really go help out your classmates with cooking now,"

"No! I'm not gonna cook!"

"Huh?" Komaeda asked, taken aback. "Don't yell at me like that..."

"Shit, sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"It's okay, I suppose. But why do you not wanna cook so bad?"

Hinata sighed. "Don't worry about it. You're really good at cleaning. You did a good job,"

Komaeda blushed. "Oh, thank you so much!"

"I mean, I should thank you. You really helped us out." He pat Komaeda's shoulder.

"Haha, you're so kind! I really like you, Hinata-senpai!"

"Koizumi said the same thing to you though,"

"But it feels different coming from you." He smiled.

"Yeah, you're right. I kinda forgot that you like me for a moment." He chuckled.

Komaeda's cheeks heated up and he stared at Hinata.

"You okay?"

"Of course! Anyway, bye now!"

"I'll meet you at the school gates tomorrow right after school!" Hinata called out as the other boy hurried away.

Komaeda went to his locker and put a few books inside, smiling.

"Hi!" Maizono said as she walked up to him.

"Oh, hello there,"

"You seem very excited. What happened?"

"Hinata-senpai told me I did a good job cleaning the kitchen,"

"Hinata-kun? I didn't know you were friends with him,"

Komaeda closed his locker. "I doubt he considers me a friend,"

"Uhm..." She nervously fiddled with her sleeve. "Does that mean we're rivals now?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well... we both like Hinata-kun, so..."

Komaeda's face heated up. "I-I never said that!"

"Oh, you don't like him like that?"

"No! I barely know him,"

She smiled. "Oh, I'm glad. I didn't wanna have to compete with you,"

'Does that mean she'd be mad at me if I did like him?' Komaeda thought.

"Of course not! It would have just made things a bit difficult,"

"Huh? Did I say that out loud?"

"Nope, I'm just psychic!"

"You are?"

She giggled. "Just kidding! I simply have good intuition,"