17 | Lie

"Hajime, I'm going to Nami's place. I will see you later," Kamukura said.

"Huh?? Weren't we gonna play video games today?"

"You never told me that,"

"I... didn't?"

"No,"

Hinata nodded. "I see. Then, uh, have fun... damn..."

Kamukura left. Great. Now Hinata's plans for the day were ruined. Maybe he could call up Souda? They were best friends, he was sure he'd have time.

A few minutes later, he threw his phone onto his bed. "Why's he gotta help his dad out today of all days?!" He yelled. "And I can't hang out with Komaeda. I basically rejected him twice in a row. But then again... I doubt he'd mad at me. He seemed pretty happy still,"

He decided to call the pale boy. "Hi, Hinata-kun!"

"Hey. I wanted to ask if you have time to hang out today,"

"Oh, I must apologize. I'm actually at an amusement park right now,"

"Why?"

"Well, Bolton-kun invited me to go there with him and his friends,"

"Komaeda, are you coming'?" Someone called out from the background.

"Yes!" Komaeda said to them. "I have to go. Bye now!" Then he hung up.

This time, Hinata didn't just feel annoyed. He felt different. Angry. He was friends with Komaeda first, this wasn't fair. He should be the one hanging out with Komaeda.

After the weekend, Komaeda was still spending a lot of time with his new friends. Way too much time for Hinata's liking.

"Yo, Komaeda! Wanna hang out today?" McAdams asked.

"Oh, I-"

"No." Hinata put a hand on his shoulder. "He's hanging out with me today,"

"Hm?" Komaeda tilted his head.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know. Then have fun, you two!" McAdams left after giving Hinata a pat on the shoulder.

Komaeda turned around to see Hinata. "What was that about? I never agreed to hang out with you today,"

"Uh, yeah. You did," He lied, nervous. He didn't know what else to say.

"I did?"

"Yes. Last, uh, Wednesday. You asked me to... watch you try on clothes,"

"I-I did?? How could I forget?? I'm so stupid!" He slapped himself across the face. "Of course we'll hang out!"

Hinata grabbed his wrist gently. "Don't hurt yourself like that,"

"But I forgot about you... I'm so sorry," He sulked. "I'm the worst,"

Now Hinata felt really bad. He made Komaeda blame himself for something he didn't do. They still went to the mall that day though.

"Komaeda, are you sure you can afford all of this? Won't your parents be mad if you spend all your pocket money so soon? April just began,"

"Dad is paying for this. He basically lets me buy whatever I want. Except anything that could impact my health at all. But clothes can't, so he's fine with it!"

"Only children are lucky..."

"We sure are! But you love Kamukura-senpai, don't you?"

"Of course I do. I wouldn't trade him for anything,"

Komaeda went into the changing room. "Wait here. You have to rate my outfits." He closed the curtain and began to change.

The first outfit consisted of a simple yellow shirt and jeans.

"3/10. Yellow isn't your color,"

"Alright! Next one!"

It was a green hoodie with a cat on it and the same pair of light blue jeans as before.

"5/10. Green suits you, but it's a bit boring,"

"4/10, I don't like it,"

"4.5/10,"

"5/10,"

"3/10,"

Komaeda was starting to get a bit upset. He knew he was ugly, but those rating were so low! He decided to put on a white blouse, jeans and a light green sweater jacket. He also put on a necklace with a heart on it. Then, he opened the curtain.

Hinata's face turned bright red. He was so pretty. Komaeda looked pretty even in the ugly outfits, but this just underlined his looks.

"10/10!! You gotta buy this!"

Komaeda blushed. "Really?" He asked, smiling.

"You look super cute!"

"Ah, thank you!"

Komaeda bought the outfit and some other things too. After that, Hinata brought him home.

"I had a lot of fun. Thanks for reminding me that I promised to spend time with you today. You're... really cool. I feel like I can really trust you, you know?"

God... he had lied to him. And now Komaeda said this?! Was he trying to break Hinata's heart?? He knew he couldn't admit his lie now.

"No problem. I had fun too,"