Ch. 24

My alarm woke me up from my deep slumber and I groaned. It was 8am and I needed to be ready by 8:30am because Danny and I always go out for breakfast. My hair was the biggest mess ever today and I just put a hat over it. There was no way I could pull off my hair today. I looked ew. I was brushing my teeth when I heard a loud knock on my door. I finished brushing and I yelled "Coming!" and ran downstairs. I quickly opened the door thinking it was Danny here being early. It wasn't. It was Lucky.

"Hey." He says giving me a smirk.

"Hi...?" Shit. Not even seconds after I open the door, Danny approaches behind Lucky.

"Uh..." He speaks and Lucky turns around. Surprisingly, he smiles at Danny and puts his hand out to shake.

"I-i know you probably don't like me and heard a lot of shit about me but can we all just start over?" Lucky still has his hand out and Danny is standing straight giving him a glare before looking at me. I don't give him a face. So he makes his own decision. He shakes Lucky's hand and Lucky nods. "Great." He smiles. "Anyway, I came here to tell you. We're going to have a party tomorrow night. My mate Neels is throwing a massive party and I just wanted to invite you," He looks at Danny. "You guys."

I mean I don't mean to be rude but I am surprised he's inviting me. He begins to leave but stops mid way through the door.

"Oh," He puts a hand on Danny's shoulder. "If you go, keep an eye on her. She's a drinker." He smiles at me and laughs as he walks away.

I laugh a little as Danny mocks him. "You're a drinker huh?"

"I am not! As you recall I only drink when I am terribly sad. So be quiet." I push him out the door and lock it behind me. There was a little part of me that wanted to check if its locked again. But I walked away and got in the car. And just that small thing. It means I improved and I am so proud of myself.

We run a little late to therapy because there was too much traffic.

After therapy, we headed down to a cute little coffee shop we discovered that had the best waffle sandwiches ever. However, my head pounces and I wince. My head has never hurt so much before. A painful wave hits my head and I scream. My hands clutch my hair and Danny pulls over and stops the car.

His body moves towards me and he grabs my face. "Alana? Are you okay?" He asks, but I only hear half of it. His face gets closer to mine and his eyebrows are furrowed in confusion but before I can see anything everything blurs until my mind goes black.

I open my eyes to see fluorescent lights and that odd smell hospitals have. My head feels sore and I look to my side to find Danny laying his head on the palm of his hand lightly sleeping.

"Danny?" My voice cracks. His eyes quickly open and he gives me a smile. "What happened?"

"I- I don't know... You screamed and fainted. All they told me was that I should call your parents. I did but they left. They said when you wake up to take you home."

They left? What? I don't even know what happened and they just left. I call for a doctor letting him explain to me what happened because my parents don't even give a shit enough to stay.

"Just a severe migraine you had. Nothing to worry about but the sleeping meds you're taking are the cause so I advice you don't take them anymore and if you still need them just go to your doctor and ask for a prescription."

I nod. Danny takes me home and I beg him to stay.

"I can't Alana... I'm sorry. My sister's mad at me and I'd rather not get her more mad."

I look down and try to unbuckle my seat belt and I feel a peck on my cheek. I look up and see Danny's pity eyes.

"It's okay." I say giving him a small smile before getting out of the car and waving goodbye.

I slowly walk into the house taking my time to put my things were I usually put them away. I walk into the kitchen to find my mother with a pile of paperwork. She looks up as I go to the fridge and get a bottle of water. "Hi honey." She says.

"I'm sorry we couldn't stay darling. We just have so much work. It's really nothing. Welcome to adulthood and migraines. Just drink tea and get off your meds." I look at her and give her the straightest face ever.

"Don't act like I over exaggerated. I'm sorry my friend was worried because I screamed and passed out in his car, mother. I'm sorry he was genuinely worried about me. " I grab an apple and walk off to my room. She yells at me to come back and I just stay in the hallway. Debating which room to go into. My brothers or mine. I eat my apple in between the two doorways and I begin to remember how much fun it was and how calm this house was when he was here. I remember his funeral.

"Alana, I swear if you don't hurry up and put the dam dress on-" My mom shouts but my dad silences her.

"Jackie, don't yell at her. This is hard enough for her than it should be."

"Robert, she did this. She made my baby go away." She says with a quiet sob.

They think I can't hear them but I can hear them very clear even though my mind is somewhere else. My knees are pulled up to my chest as I sit on my desk chair. I stare at the black dress I should be putting on and getting ready with. I sigh, I can't believe he left. I can't come to believe he died because of me. I should've never asked to go out with him. Never should've done that. I start to feel like crying but I bring myself to get up and get ready. I walk downstairs as my parents push me into the car claiming we need to hurry up. I grab my coat and get in the car. The drive there felt so slow and felt like ages. I grab onto my dad's arm as we arrive to the cemetery. I spot Ava and she runs to me with bloodshot eyes and I break. I cry my eyes out as I squeeze her hard and she rubs my back in comfort as we both cry. The whole funeral was so horrible. There was not one moment that I didn't burst into tears. When it was time to say the eulogy, I almost threw up when I got closer to his casket. My fingers brushed on the wood and the warm tears feel like fire on my skin.

I ended up in my brother's room staring at his art work as I sob my eyes out and listen to records on his record player. I curl myself up in a ball and soon fall asleep to The Kooks.

A/N: Hey guys! I updated twice this week and I feel so accomplished. Anyway, please don't comment things like "wow she went to the hospital for that??" because it's not even over exaggerating like how you guys thought when she cut her foot that it was over exaggerating. It really wasn't I know i didn't say how deep the cut was but it was deep and a rock can cut you that deep. Trust me its from experience. SPREAD POSITIVITY AND LOVE. I don't mind if you guys comment it but like don't think I'm over exaggerating. Anyway, comment and vote!

OH AND THERE WILL BE LALANA MOMENT NEXT CHAPTER SO GET EXCITED

P.S.- I know i am shit at writing so pls don't message me hate <3

STAY GOLD.