Ch. 8

Lucky is meeting my parents today. Actually, our families are meeting today. I am beyond nervous. What if my parents embarrass me? No, my parents are too chill to do that. They know to not worry.

I've only met Pyper out of the sisters.

I was wearing a simple party dress. We were having lunch at Malibu Farm a oceanfront restaurant.

I sat there sitting up straight and looking like confident.

"Honey, stop digging. Everything will be okay." My mom said from behind me.

I looked at my mom in confusion. Digging? She gestured to my neck. I was digging my nails into my neck. I never did that before. I didn't even know I was doing that.

My neck felt sore. As my parents admired the view. I sat there panicking inside. Thoughts repeated inside my head. I looked around on the table. I noticed a knife was missing. My breathing started to increase.

"Excuse me?" I looked for a waiter. "Hi, um I need a knife. Theres one missing."

The waiter nodded and headed over to the utensil cart and brought one to me.

I love the private room here. Its gorgeous. I looked out at the waves and breathed. I began to dig my nails into my arm.

Stop it. Stop it Alana.

I looked up and saw Lucky. My heart raced so fast i felt like i was going to faint. He introduced us to everyone and I introduced everyone to my parents.

We all sat and ate lunch with conversation. At one point we all just got to separate conversations.

Lucky's mom and mine talked about a pottery class in Downtown LA.

Lucky's dad and mine talked about sports and jobs.

Meanwhile, the sisters and I (including Lucky) talked about ourselves.

Starlie is in a relationship and she gushes about her boyfriend.

"So Alana? Do you do any modeling?" Daisy asks. I shuffle in my seat. I dig my nails in my arm.

"Um, no actually. I mean my friend models and sometimes i join in for fun but nothing too serious."

Daisy smiles at me. "Well I think you'll be a perfect fit to be a model." They all nod and agree while Lucky smiles in the back.

"Oh my god!" Pyper squeals. "If you EVER want to do modeling, I know our agency is looking for a new face right now."

"Oh yeah!" Lucky pitches in. "If you ever want just call one of us so we can take you to the agency."

I smiled at them. They're so nice. I began to wonder what my parents we're talking about. As soon as I looked back they we're walking towards us.

"Alana," I turned to face my father and mother. "We thought about it and we'd love you to go to the camping trip. It'll be a nice experience. We'll talk about it more later though."

Wait what? They're letting me go?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

SORRY ITS NOT THE BEST BUT IVE BEEN DUMPED IN HOMEWORK AND PROJECTS AND I JUST ILY OKAY