Ch. 13

After Danny shut the door my therapist came out and called me in.

"Welcome Alana. Are you ready?"

I nod. I gaze around the room. I sit in the couch adjusting myself.

"So first I want to get to know you first. You can tell me anything. All this stays between you and me." She gives me a small smile.

I want to tell her about Lucky. Is it too soon? I don't really have anyone to talk about Lucky.

"Well Im 16. I am a crazy lover for the ocean. I recently started to think about getting into modeling because my boyfri-" I stop. Shit. "Sorry, ex-boyfriend is a model and he inspired me."

"Ex-boyfriend? What happened?"

I put my gaze to the coffee table in between us.

"My mom called him telling him to come to the hospital for questioning. He told them about my little obsessions and my urges. And then when he found out I had OCD he said he needed time to process it. Its been two weeks. And Im still hurt. But I think I'm getting to the point where I know Im too good for that."

She nods every once in a while showing she's listening. "You still love him. And that's completely okay. I don't know his side but if he loves you he'll come back soon."

She changes the subject. "So you have had anxiety before?" She reads off a paper.

"Um yeah I still do sometimes. But i know how to control it."

"What triggered it?"

My breathing stopped. My heart raced and i felt my veins feel warm. I didn't think this would happen the first day.

"Um-um-um." Thats all that came out of my mouth. My face started to turn red and I felt like crying. And thats then one single tear slid down my face. And then one after another and I was breaking down. Dr. Rocha got up and grabbed tissues. I softly thanked her.

"I think today was good enough. I'll see you next week okay darling?" She gave me a hug and helped me up. Just wait til you get outside. Once i exited out of her room I quickly tried to get out. Pushing the door with my body I closed my eyes and cried more.

"Hey... are you okay? What's wrong?" I heard a deep voice. I opened my eyes to see Danny.

He smiled at me, "The first day is always an emotional day."

I look at him and give him a glare. Its not an emotional day. I wouldn't cry if it wasn't for thinking about my brother. I roll my eyes and walk away.

"Hey hey," he grabs my arm. "Im sorry. Look whatever you're thinking right now just fight it. Your strong. You can beat the living shit out of your demons. Kill your demons, Alana."

For some reason his words gave me a feeling of happiness. I just met him and he's already consoling me.

"Need a ride?" I offer.

He looks at me with a shocked face.

"Your going to let a person you just met into your car?" He walks to my car modeling it. I laugh at his cheerfulness but sassiness.

"Seriously. Just get in before I take it back."

Its quiet for a few minutes at first but then he grabs my phone.

"Passcode?"

"For what?"

"Music."

"Its 0226" When I met Lucky.

He goes through all my music.

"Hmm you listen to good music."

I laugh. "Thanks."

"So tell me about yourself." Oh not this again.

"Im 16. I am a sea salt raised. I am trying to get into modeling. My friend is a model so."

"Oh this one?" He holds my phone up showing my lock screen. Its a picture of Ava and me. I nod. "She's really pretty. But I think you're a little more prettier."

I blush at the compliment.

"So tell me about yourself." I say looking over at him giving him a slight smile.

He grins. "Im 17. I came from Michigan after my parents died. Now I live with my sister and I give her hard times so I just try to stay out of trouble but that's hard. You know. Anger issues."

I really didn't expect that. I thought he'd jokingly say he's not a model or opposite of everything I said. I bite my lip before speaking.

"Im sorry, for your parents." That's all that comes out of my mouth. I pull over infront of his driveway.

He smiles at me. This time with no teeth. "Thanks for the ride." He slowly gets out of the car. Before closing the door he says, "See you next week." He winks and smirks and walks to his front door. Smiling at me and shaking his head while he walks in. I laugh at how I just made a friend. I hadn't made a friend in so long. Like on my own.

I decided to go out and eat at Urth.

I see a familiar car and when I sir down, waiting for my food, a familiar tall bleached hair figure sits in front of me.