Chapter 13

Y/n POV

  It felt good being able to catch up with Baekhyun. It was soothing to be able to get those things off my chest with someone else as opposed to always telling myself or Jungkook. I wondered what was going to happen between my father and I. He never really took the steps in trying to do anything further than send me the letter of my court date. My Mom obviously heard about it, considering he came back home and yelled at her while my siblings did nothing about it. 

  There's always been something special between my father and I, maybe he favored me, or maybe he just found me as his top priority, but something changed in my Dad. Even when I was younger and I would throw tantrums and hit, kick, scream at him, he'd never do anything like this. I never thought he'd even do it to one of his own. Apparently I was mistaken. 

  Still, nothing came of it as coldly as this. Even the fact he never wanted to discuss anything of the sorts. He probably cut me out of all communication opportunities with him. I wonder sometimes if he ever regrets what he was doing and just went along with it because he felt he had no other option to do anything else. Or maybe because he felt he was stuck on this path. Who knew. 

  But I wasn't going to let him get in the way of my happiness and what I was doing. I spent one of the best days yesterday with Baekhyun, and just being able to talk with him was a relief off of my shoulders, almost like getting a fresh breath of air. His vibe was still the same as it was before when we were in school. Energetic, welcoming, loving, exciting, etc. He texted me a little bit ago while I was getting ready for work, asking me how I was doing and when would be the next time I'd be off of work. I answered him and continued, going to get something to eat for breakfast. 

  "I wonder what your Dad was thinking when he did this to you." Jungkook said, holding me from behind, comforting me closer and closer. "I wonder too, but it's his decision, I'll just have to face the consequences." I said, giving Jungkook a kiss before getting my stuff ready to go into work. "You have work today?" I asked, getting my jacket on and walking towards the front door. "Yeah, but it shouldn't be too long before I'm off, tomorrows the big day for our rehearsal and practice before our concert." Jungkook answered, following me to my door. 

  "Good, maybe we can have dinner tonight if you're up for it." I said, kissing Jungkook on the lips before he agreed and I took my leave to work. On my way, there was the usual great amount of people walking the streets. Everything looking beautiful as normal. When I entered my studio building, I walked up and got to the front office, Karen giving me my projects to get started on, mostly drawings that I needed to do. I thanked her and walked to my studio room, opening it and walking in to see someone else standing in the room. Someone I wasn't too familiar with. "Oh and Y/n, I forgot to let you know that there was a guest who wanted to work on some of those projects with you." Karen shouted across the whole building. I gave her a small smile, feeling nervous as to who this 'guest' may be.

  "Hello?" I introduced, but more so as a question. The male in front of me turned around and smiled at me. He looked familiar, but I couldn't click one and one together to find out who this man might have been. "Hello! You must be Y/n!" He said excited, walking up to me and shaking my hand. "I am, and who might you be if I may ask?" I said, looking around nervously to hopefully see no traps around my room like they show in all the crazy action movies.