Chapter 4

Y/NS POV

It's been hours since the bickering between my parents had started, and honestly I was starting to get a head ache from it.

My two siblings seemed unphased with what was happening, only taking few glances here and there whenever our parents would raise their voices louder and louder at eachother.

"(Mom's name) we can't keep fighting over this same issue. It's been so long since this all happened and all that ever happens is you keep bringing it up, throwing it in my face why I'm not a good enough husband to you, not a good enough father to our children, but I took and oath to help save lives and hopefully secure healthy lives. I go into work everyday not to stay away from you, or to stay away from our children but because I want you guys to have a good stable home to live underneath and find the things you want as yours. And it's quite frankly not easy for me to be able to juggle all of this while you're on my back, barking at me about all of my flaws!" My Dad said.

"It's not that you're a bad husband, or a bad father, its the fact you've been away for so long, doing so much work, unnecessary work. So much that has kept you away from the here and now, what's happening with this happening, the accomplishments our children are making when your greatest accomplishment that you're most proud of is not this family but of this family. You use Y/n like a trophy, a badge of respect for bring your greatest work and now you get all of these promotions keeping you away from us. Everything from there to here seems to be a no man's land that you can never clearly be here but clearly be there at your best. All I ask is that you make a really dedication to be here for this family. The house and everything can be taken care of, but what we need most is our family together." My Mom said, tears brimming at the ends of her eyes.

"So you don't care about what keeps us in this house, you just want the family together? It takes sacrifice and dedication to make things happen, and I don't use Y/n for any benefit of my own, he's just been the person that's always reminded of whenever someone talks to me of my work. And I've never used any of my promotion money for myself. I've used it to pay off many of the things you do, or our children, and to help Y/n with his living, for you to think I'd use it for myself gives me the deepest disappointment in you for thinking of me like that." My Dad said, wiping his hair to sleek to the back.

At this point my Mom was damn near ready to burst into tears before they both finally turned their attention to the only other living being that was paying attention to them. "Y/n sweety, did you need something?" My Mom asked me, quickly wiping the little pebbles from her eyes.

"I was just going to head home to finish up my work before the deadline soon." I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek and hugging her goodbye, the same for my father.

I said goodbye to my siblings but they just nodded and grunted, not sparing me a glance. I walked out, heavy hearted. I never really enjoyed coming back into this house after the procedure was done. And the second I stepped out of the house, they erupted again. Yelling already being heard from outside.

I couldn't help but feel like this was my fault. My father gaining success over me and my Mom being deprived of the man he used to be because of me. It seemed so easy for them to point fingers at one another but never once were they going to point their blame on me.

My drive home was silent. The thought of my parents fighting still made me uneasy with the feeling that their marriage was going to go somewhere. After all, the last time I visited my Dad's office, his secretary was very suspicious in the way she talked with him, did things for him, even touched him. I also feared my father would chet on my Mom, I also discarded the idea since my Dad was always a good guy, but times change, and everything with it.