Chapter 3

"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled

"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled. I heard footsteps running upstairs, and my room door busted open. I jumped and turned to see John holding a spatula and Sarah holding a knife.

"Anjanae, What happened? Are you okay? Are you good?" John shouted.

"Yeah? But are y'all good?" I looked at them wide-eyed.

"Beside you screaming at the top of your lungs and scaring the biz Jesus out of us, yes," said John.

"I'm sorry... I just got some news, so Y'all can put your weapons down." I pointed out.

Sarah put the knife on my dresser, and John followed. "This better be good," She joked.

"It is because guess who might have a place to stay!" My excitement came out as I shoved my laptop in John's hand, and showed them the email I got from the girls.

"They want me to meet them today!" I said.

Sarah hugged me, "I'm so proud of you. Look at you making friends. That's so exciting, right, John?" She looked at him.

"Oh yeah...Definitely." John cracked a small smile with a sad look in his eyes.

"What time are y'all meeting?" Sarah asked.

"We're meeting at a coffee shop at 12 in an hour. Which leads me to ask for a favor." I went to wrap my arms around John. "Can I borrow your BMW?" I asked. I could tell the color in his face turned pale as his face dropped.

"M-my BMW?"

"Yeah," I said.

"My baby?" he asked hesitantly.

"I thought I was your baby," Sarah teased and crossed her arms, making him even more nervous.

"You are my baby, but Becky is my other baby. Um, Anjanae, when was the last time you drove a car?"

"John, I can drive; I've had my license for almost two years."

"Yeah, but when was the last time you drove one?"

"My friend Evelyn used to let me drive her car in private, but that was a year ago.

A high-pitched yelp came out of John. He quickly covered his mouth and tried to cover it with a cough.

" I promise I won't crash it, please, John, just believe in me," I begged.

"I don't know Angie," He admitted

I sighed, "Fine, I'll call Uber."

"Yeah, It's probably best," He said and patted my shoulders.

Sarah walked up and grabbed him by the collar, "Come John, We need to talk. We'll be right back, Angie." She took the knife from the dresser and dragged him out of the room. John looked at me help me in his eyes.

"Okay..." I watched them disappear in their room. I decided to take a shower. I finished putting on my makeup. I fully got the hang of it because of Sarah. I was about to order a ride when I heard a knock at my door.