Chapter 2

"Dear Passengers, we have arrived at our destination

"Dear Passengers, we have arrived at our destination. Please, kindly collect your belongings. Then, to the baggage claim. Thank you for flying with us." The pilot said on the intercom.

I opened my eyes and looked through the window and saw that we landed. I had caught the earliest flight to New York and slept the whole ride. It was pleasant.  Marie gave me enough money to fly first class. I guess she's trying to make it up to me. I grabbed my belongings. I said my goodbyes to the flight attendants and entered the airport after I grabbed my luggage. I texted John to let him know I'd arrived. The airport is pretty busy. A few people were holding up signs, and I walked through but didn't see my name on any of them. I decided to sit in the waiting area.
~~
I looked down at my phone and saw the time. It has been an hour and a half, and still nothing. No response. I haven't seen John since I was 11. It's been so long since I've seen him. Like what he does looks like. Is he sober now? Is He married? Have any kids? Hopefully, he didn't forget about me, or maybe he doesn't want me; why would he? No, Anjanae, don't get in your head.

As I scrolled through my phone, I felt someone sit down beside me. Though I tried to keep my focus on my device, I couldn't help but sneak a glance. A well-dressed man sat next to me and occupied his phone while anxiously tapping his knees and holding onto a present and balloons.

"I like your balloons," I commented. The man turned to me, and a brief moment of staring at me.

"Thanks, these are for my sister; I'm waiting to pick her up," he replied.

"Me too."

"Oh, Who was supposed to pick you up?" He raised his eyebrows.

"My brother was supposed to pick me up an hour ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that. He's a moron for making you wait." He smirked.

"Yeah, a Stupid moron." I frowned. He laughed out loud and stood up with his arms open wide.

"Yeah,  I'll take it."

"Oh, John!" I squealed and leaped into his arms.

"My little Anjanae, I've missed you!" He squeezed me tight and spun me around, warming my heart.

"Man, I haven't hugged you in ages. Calling you little is an understatement." He put me down.

"Stop it; you can still call me that." I playfully nudged his shoulder.

"Good because I had no plans on stopping," he replied, presenting me with the box of my favorite chocolates and the balloons. He kindly took charge of my luggage, and we made our way out of the airport.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

"Traffic, I saw your text, but the signal was terrible on the road.