20

a/n: hello everyone! i know it's taken me longer than usual to post a chapter. i needed to take some time for myself. i hope you all can understand it <3 

By the way, this is +18. Enjoy! *winky face*

----------------------------

CHAPTER TWENTY

john b keeps secrets and tells lies

JJ and I get dropped off at the Chateau, and the group agrees to meet again here in the morning. 

He goes straight to my room, and plops on my mattress with a groan. I chuckle to myself, going to the bathroom instead to wash my face and brush my teeth. I go back to my room then, closing the door behind me, in case John B and my father decide to come back drunk or something similar. Wouldn't be the first time they've woken me up in the middle of the night.

When I pull down my pants, Kiara's dad's money clip falls from the back pocket. The noise makes JJ open his eyes, and he sighs, noticing it on the floor. He rubs his eye with the talon of his hand, and sits up straight.

"You're gonna have to apologize to her, you know that, right?" I say, picking up clean pajama shorts from my dresser.

"Yeah, I know." He breathes out, leaning back on his arms. "I wish I didn't have to, tho."

"JJ." I say with a warning tone, taking off my shirt, and replacing it with a loose one from Heyward's shop. "Kie is your friend."

"But her parents aren't." He raises his eyebrows, pursing his lips.

I shake my head, ignoring his comments and throw my shirt to the pile of clothes in the corner of my room that needed to be washed. The pants on the other hand, I keep them above the dresser, thinking of using them again the next day.

I turn around, tucking one strand of my hair behind my ear. I cross my arms on my chest, leaning back on the dresser, watching JJ stare at me from my bed. I've always loved the way the moonlight illuminates his face when it shines through the curtains of my room. It makes him look so angelic.

JJ sits straight, and opens up his arms, cocking an eyebrow. I roll my eyes letting out a sigh, but still I walk towards him. I jump, throwing myself at him. His back hits the mattress as he groans between laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I rest my head on his chest, with my whole body on top of him. I can hear his heartbeat, thrumming in my ear. It makes me smile to myself, inhaling deeply taking in the fresh aroma of his cologne.

"I'm going to do the right thing." He whispers as his hand finds my hair, and takes off the hair tie holding my braid together.

"I know you will, J." I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his fingers dancing through my hair, brushing softly and untangling all the knots he finds along the way.