Flirty/Clingy Wally x Reader✉️

Requested By- floatycloud

Recently you've started to notice Wally Darlings attempts to swoon you, they work!

"Here's the fourth one this week, Y/n..." Eddie sighed with a smile on his face, he shook his head as you opened yet another letter from your "secret" admirer.

Dear Y/n,
Every time my eyes lay onto you, you manage to flip my world upside down. Your smile is as bright as a rising sun, your laughter as serene sounding as a melody. Won't you be mine, my love? Grace me with your attention, your longing as I long for you. I will soon reveal who I am, my heart cannot bear it anymore.

Signed, Your Secret Admirer❤️

"Wow. Just wow. Wally really did outdo himself this time!" Eddie said snickering as he looked over my shoulder. You weren't oblivious to Wally's feelings for you, he didn't even have to "reveal" himself. There's only a small handful of people in the neighborhood, and none of them looked at you, touched you, or talked to you like Wally did. You found it endearing and funny, you can't swoon someone who is already swooned after all.

The next day you were at Howdy's, buying some baking supplies, you had quite the sweet tooth after all. You were up at the register chatting away with Howdy when all of a sudden you felt something behind you. It was Wally! He smiled at you as he put his arm around your waist and directed his attention to Howdy. "So, how much?" He said, with a sly smile. You held back a laugh, "Wally-" "Shhh, shhh, it's on me." He said with a smile. "Actually! It's on the house! 100% off, remember? Everything here is free pal!" Howdy intervened, laughing quite a bit as Wally's face flushed. "A-ah, I suppose your right!" He said burying his face in his hands. You then turned to him giggling a little, "Thanks for trying, Wally." You said patting him on the shoulder and walking off. As you left you could hear Howdy teasing him.

Later into the week you were at Franks house, you both were out in his front yard tending to his garden, admiring the pretty flowers and butterflies. Eddie was making his usual rounds and handed you another letter. Opening it, you found it wasn't the usual paragraph but an invite.

Dear Y/n,
Meet me in the forest tonight, by the stream at 6pm.

Love, your Secret Admirer❤️

"Gee, wonder who that could be." Frank "wondered" as he and Eddie laughed together. You then looked up to see Wally outside of his house, getting his mail. He looked back and smiled at you. You smiled back and waved. He then put on his flirtatious smile he had on at Howdy's and leaned against- nothing. He completely missed his mailbox and ate crap. Oh dear.

Later that same night, you were getting ready to meet Wally- sorry- your "secret admirer." You fixed up your hair, wore your favorite outfit and got all dolled up, then left and set out to go into the woods. As you drew nearer and nearer to the stream you noticed rose petals and candles lining a path, 'cliche Wally, very cliche' you laughed in your mind as you walked. The sunset and the smell of the candles mixed with nature did set a pretty romantic mood though, you'll give him that.

The first thing you saw was Wally, of course but he was in the middle is a large array or rose petals, shaped into a heart. He stood there with a shy smile on his face, his cheeks rosy red as he held a letter. "Y/n, hello.." He said, not making eye contact with you as you walked up to him. He wasn't his usual flirtatious self, obviously because he was confessing his love for you but the fact he put all this effort into the confession made your heart do flips in your chest. He handed you the letter and you opened it.

Dear Y/n,
This is pretty cheesy isn't it? Well now you know it's me that's been sending these letters and I hope you feel the same way I do. You make me smile by doing the smallest things and you make everyone around you so happy, can you make me even happier and be mine?

Signed, Wally Darling❤️

As you looked back up at him he looked back expectantly, "I-it's alright if you don't want to! I'm not trying to force you into any-" before he could finish his sentence you embraced him, "Of course, I've liked you as long as you liked me silly, maybe even longer!" You confessed as his eyes lit up. He hugged you back and pulled away, he caressed your cheek as he looked at you. "Can I?" He said, his face coming closer. You met him in the middle and sealed the kiss, he then picked you up and twirled you around, you felt his lips smiling against yours.

"I love you, Y/n." He smiled. "I love you more, Wally."

Julie wiped her tears from her eyes. "That.. that was just so.. sweet.." she cried, the whole neighborhood was gathered around the forest, hiding behind trees. Julie was behind a tree on Barnaby's back, sobbing into his handkerchief. You looked over to Wally and he looked as surprised as you were. "Hehe, sorry.. we saw the letter and had to tell everyone about it.." Eddie said rubbing the back of his head as both he and Frank came out from their hiding spot, along with everyone else.

Blush bloomed across your face as you hid it in your hands. Wally just laughed and gave you a kiss on the cheek while wrapping his arms around your waist. For him, this was the most perfect night.

Thank you for reading!