Delulu Wally x Female Reader🤭

You're just moving into the neighborhood, managing to catch the eye of one of the residents.

After finishing up your new home you admired your work. Who new you could be so handy? Look at you go, building a whole shelf by yourself(although it took 5 tries and some tears of frustration.. Don't even get me started on DIY-ing the bedside cabinet).

You've noticed the neighborhood was quite small but a perfect community! Crowded areas were never really your forte and you just couldn't pass up this cute little abode!

Some of the neighbors have already seen you as well, one of the lovely ladies.. Julie was it?- Anyways- she helped you carry in some boxes, she was so kind! You both chatted about the neighborhood while you unpacked and she informed you about the small shop that carried basically everything a puppet needed! Howdy's Place.

It was mid afternoon-ish and the sun was setting, casting a pink and orange hue over the surrounding forest. It was the perfect time for a walk to Howdy's, perhaps you could pick up some food.

The small shop was lit up and you could see figures inside. The small bell let out a little ding! As you headed inside and the man behind the counter gave you a kind smile, greeting you with a wave.

"Hello there, miss!" He grinned.

In return you waved back with a smile, you assumed the man was Howdy, well- you could also see it on his name tag but never mind that. He watched you with wonder as you walked by, although you didn't sense it.

As you passed one of the aisles you heard some chatter dying down but was too focuses on the newly spotted vegetables you saw.

Wally's POV:

Frank's eyes squinted as he examined the array of butterfly traps. "Hmmm.."

It's been 30 minutes.

Barnaby, far less patient then I, finally snapped. "Gee, Frank. I know you want to impress Eddie by catching a fancy butterfly but.. Why did you bring Wally and I along?" He whined. I silently agreed as I fiddles with my scarf.

"I didn't." Frank deadpanned, turning to us. "You insisted on following me cracking all your jokes."

Barnaby was about to respond but something distracted him. I followed his gaze and saw.. Window cleaner? No.. He wasn't staring at any of the products on the shelf next to us. It was a girl.

A really pretty girl.

Y/n's POV:

You swear you heard loud coughing in one of the aisles, like- a series of chokes, but just shook it off. After successfully coming up with dinner for tonight and getting all my ingredients, you went up to pay.

"You must be the new neighbor." Howdy said with a knowing smile. "Quite the looker, miss."

With a small giggle you placed the items on the counter. "Thank you, sir."

"Just call me Howdy!"

You nodded and he rung you up. Suddenly.. You got the chills. Woah..

Hesitantly looking over your shoulder you met the gaze of a man not much taller than you, staring what felt like right through you. Uhm.

Wally's POV:

She turned around and- I swear my breath left me. After I heard her sweet voice talking with Howdy, I immediately got in line behind her, not realizing I had nothing I was checking out.

She doe-ish gaze looked back at me, curiously raising a brow. Before I could say hello Barnaby shoved past me.

"Hey there pretty lady!" He exclaimed, causing the angel to flinch.

"H-Hello.." She responded with an awkward grin.

I ended up zoning out, staring at the girls beautiful dimples as he obnoxiously talked with her, practically shouting in her face.

Y/n's POV:

Well this guy was.. Lively. You just nodded along as he talked about.. Hotdogs.

Soon you learned his name was Barnaby, almost forgetting about the man next to him who was still staring into your soul.

Howdy came from out of the supply closet to bag up my things while you and Barnaby talked.

You turned to the person beside Barnaby, it would be rude to ignore him after all, and waved.

"Uhm.. Hello." You said with a small smile. "I'm Y/n."

Wally's POV:

Oh. She was talking to me. Wait!- She was talking to me!

"I'm Wally! W-Wally Darling." I said, a light pink coating my cheeks. I could feel Barnaby's haze piercing through me, gosh. He knew I already had it bad.

Right before I was about to say my marriage vows Howdy butted in.

"Wally.. You can't be here."

Y/n's eyes widened and in that moment I wanted to rip out my perfect, blue hair.

"I banned you ever since you climbed on top of the apple display.. Remember?"

Ah.. Right.

Y/n's POV:

After that a series of.. Mostly unfortunate events happened.

Barnaby began to laugh, hard, like a maniac. I'm talking like- hunched over.

"O-Oh boy..! Did you *wheeze!* Actually?!" He gasped out to the now flustered Wally.

You couldn't help but stifle a few giggles.

Wally's POV:

I was frozen. Never had I been more embarrassed in my entire life than how I was now.

Y/n probably thought I was some crazy, psychotic, apple-obsessed freak!

I didn't hear Howdy calling out my name a few more times before physically throwing me over his shoulder.

"Gee Wally.. Let me escort you out." He sighed, shaking his head.

Before I could protest I realized- I probably looked so cool right now. Like one of those delinquent bad boys I sometimes saw in those movies.

"Hm.. Take me away officer." I smirked

Howdy paused, giving me probably the most disgusted look. "Excuse me..?"

As he carried me out of the bodega I craned my head to look at Y/n with a wink, mouthing the words, "Call me."

Y/n's POV:

Oh.. Oh wow. The apple thief was trying to win over my heart as he was being.. Carried out of Howdy's shop by the large man.

You didn't even have his number.. Let alone have a proper conversation with him..

Although you did admire his weird boldness and decided you would meet him outside the bodega and give him your contact information.

I honestly got embarrassed writing that last POV for Wally.. He really is a little delulu😟(ignore the fact that I've literally been inactive for months)