Chapter 26: I Want You To Want Me

“Don’t you look adorable tonight?” Harry teased me from our bed as I walked out of the bathroom. I was wearing one of his shirts that hit me mid-thigh and my damp hair was piled in a messy bun on top of my head.

“Thanks Haz,” I slipped under the covers to join him.

I closed my eyes and was starting to drift off when I felt Harry’s lips on mine. I cracked my eyes to see his green ones staring at me in the dark. “Can I help you?”

He laughed and gave me a dimpled smile. I could feel his hand on my leg. “We haven’t kissed in a while,” Harry pointed out. “I was feeling deprived.”

He was right. Since we had our little talk he had been a lot more careful around me, acting more like the best friend he had once been and less like the boyfriend he had become. He even let me hang out at Liam’s house whenever I wanted without complaining. He and Liam weren’t on the greatest terms, so he usually hung back at home when I went to visit. They were acting civil towards each other, but it was the cold kind of civil that also existed between Harry and Riley.

I closed the space in between us, kissing him hungrily. His hand moved from my leg to my waist and he pulled me towards him, flipping me on top of him. Harry’s hands started to explore my body as our kiss grew more passionate.

Maybe I was ready after all I thought. I loved Harry, I honestly did, and it felt great to have him want me like this. My hands were moving towards the waistband of his boxers when he flipped me off him.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Respecting your wishes,” he gave me one last sweet kiss. “Goodnight babe.”

“Night Harry,” I muttered.

Well I had got what I wanted. So why did it feel so bad? I thought it would be hard on Harry to keep his hands off me, but it had been surprisingly easy for him. I was the one missing his touch as his deep breathing signaled that he had already fallen asleep.

I spent the rest of the night lying awake, wondering how my own plan had backfired on me. I didn’t want to feel pressured into sleeping with Harry, but I didn’t want to just be thrown aside. I still wanted him to want me.