𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘺!

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺.

her brother had no time for her. buried with work and trying to get back their scarlet eyes, he barely even gave her a second glance. y/n was sick of it all, she just wished for her big brother back. in times like this, she would seek comfort in his friends leorio, killua, or gon but they were unavailable as well. gon and killua were out and leorio was studying for mid-terms and she didn't want to bother him.

the sun hadn't yet set, with it being spring meaning she had enough time to do whatever she wanted. she realized she ran out of most of her groceries and it would be a very good time to go get some. six o' 3, she had a good hour before the sun went to sleep.

ready, she left her and kurapika's shared apartment and went down the street to the small corner store. whilst on her walk, she couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. she was completely alone in the street, and the sun had started to paint the sky an orange color. she remembered she asked kurapika to take her to the store because she was too scared to go alone, but he insisted she'd be fine since the store wasn't far.

curse him.

y/n ran into the store and quickly gathered anything she saw missing in the kitchen. bags in hand, she exited the store, shocked. she didn't know she took such a long time! she checked her phone, the time being seven o' five. she cursed her indecisiveness that took her so long and quickly strolled through the dark street.

the items in her bag clinked together as she walked, alerting any nearby person. y/n had a brisk ten minute walk before she made it back, so she wasn't as worried. as long as she stayed out of sight.

turning the corner, she ran into two homeless people on the curb.

"evening, miss. mind sparing some change?" one of them asked, voice sounding like he smokes three packs a day.

"oh, i'm sorry my hands are full. i promise i'll come back tomorrow!" she politely said, just trying to get home.

she felt horrible as she walked past because she knew she wouldn't come back. her senses started to pop off as she heard one of them whisper,

"are you sure? she looks young. we might get arrested."

"yeah, it okay. she's small so her bodies easy to hide."

y/n dropped the bags and sprinted down the street, hearing the two homeless people chasing after her. shock filled her body as she realized she left the keys to the house in one of the bags she dropped. but she didn't care. with the adrenaline in her body, she had enough energy to run to leorios.

y/n let out a scream as one of them almost grabbed her arm, but she was fast enough to escape. her scream alerted the small neighborhood, including leorio who could tell it was her voice.

his door swung open and his eyes adjusted to the dark, seeing her sprint towards him.

"leorio! leorio help!" y/n pleaded as he grabbed her and was pushed behind leorio.