𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩

♪ 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩 ♪

Students laughed, bells rang, the sun shined. Y/N was in an awfully happy mood, why? Because they get to see their all-time favorite crush today.

Everyday at 10 in the morning, y/n rushes to their third period so they can be first and look presentable to him. Today they were just a tad bit late, he got there before them.

"Ah, hey! You're early!" Y/N beamed as they passed Kurapika so they could sit in their seat, that was ironically right behind him.

"You're late." He mumbled, not excited about their presence at all.

"What're you reading?" They peeked over his shoulder.

"Does it really concern you?" He flipped through the pages.

Aphrodite means death. A white and teal book with a penguin on the cover.

"Sounds scary."

"Not a scary as hearing your voice whining every morning."

My heart dropped as my entire body went cold. It couldn't be, did he hate me? No, he's only just joking.

"Ouch, good joke tho!" I nervously laugh as I scoot my chair back.

The rest of class went by awfully slow. I would stare at Kurapika from time to time and I think he felt my gaze, he groaned every time I turned my eyes towards him. Does he have some sixth sense or something?

It was lunch and per usual, I had no one to sit next to. Squinting my eyes and searching for the certain blonde, I finally find him sitting next to a rather tall man wearing a business suit. Smiling to myself, I run over, excited to talk to Kurapika.

"Kurapika! Who's this? A friend?" He looks over and smiles, on the other hand Kurapika looks like he was about to jump off a cliff.

"You must be the famous Y/N! He talks about you all the time out of school!" He grabs my hand and shakes it, I shake it back rapidly.

"He talks about me?!"

Kurapika huffs. "Not in a good way."

My heart shattered in a billion pieces as I let go of the other mans hand.

"I'm Leorio, I don't go here, I'm a grade higher so I go to a different school. I'm just visiting Kurapika since he has no one to sit next to." The blonde rolls his eyes and continue to read his book.

"Sit with us! We are all friends here now!" Leorio continues, motioning to the seat in front of them.

I finally get to sit next to Kurapika! Maybe we can talk about things, we can become closer, or maybe he'll finally start to like me back if I talk to him more!

I happily sit in the empty seat and talk to Leorio about things, those things accidentally leading into Kurapika's life.

"He's actually really cool out of school, not sure why he's being such a punk all of a sudden." Leorio rests his head in his hand.

"Really? So he's not always this mean?"

"He's not mean, it's just that he's gone through some stuff and it's really taken a toll on him." As soon as Leorio said that, Kurapika slammed his book closed and side-eyed Leorio.

"What stuff?" I worry. Is something happening at home? Is he being bullied? Many thoughts of what could be happening to him rushed through my head. I felt worried and I couldn't help it.

"It's none of your business." He stands up and starts to walk away, but I quickly jump on my feet and grab his wrist from across the table.

"I'm your friend Kurapika! You can tell me anything's and everything! If you're going through anything please tell m-"

"Why don't you ever give it a rest?! We are not friends and we will never be friends! I have no need for any when I already have Leorio. As if I would wanna keep someone as annoying and nosy as you around." He snatches his wrist back and storms off into the hallways.

Leorio gets up and runs after him. As soon as I started to run after them, I stop myself. I will never be as close to Kurapika like Leorio is. I will never be Kurapika's friend and he will never like me back. Tears threatened to escape my eyes but I knew I couldn't let them fall, I was in the middle of a crowded lunch room.

Quickly running for the exit, I stop at the sight of the two hugging each other in the hallway.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.