𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘦

Exclusively for the female gender. Before writing this it had been a female reader, but I had changed it so it's gender neutral and I don't feel like rewriting this chapter for now. Soon enough I'll make another chapter for adoption, but of course, anyone can read it.

𝘬𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘬𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.

I clench the small test in my hands as I nervously wait for my husband to come home from his mission. I was beyond scared, he's always super tired and frustrated when he comes home so if I tell him this, what if he gets mad? I look at the two lines on the test and think about all the outcomes there could be. I'm yanked out of my thoughts as I heard the door open.

"My love, you're still awake?" Kurapika asks in his raspy, tired voice.

"You know I always wait for you to come home." I hide the test in my pocket and wrap my arms around his neck.

He rests his head in the crook of my neck. "I missed your scent." His voice vibrates on my skin.

"I missed you." We part and he loosens his tie, unbuttoning the top buttons of his button up.

I hold my hands together, playing with my fingers while I try to figure out when the best time to tell him is.

"Is something wrong? You seem nervous." Kurapika grabs my hand and brings me over to the couch.

"Actually...yes. I have something to give you." We sit down on the couch close to each other.

I dig in my pocket and give him the test, I look away as soon as he turns his attention to is.

"Y-you're pregnant?" I slowly nod at his words.

"I can't fathom how happy I am, my love." He cups my head in his hands and rests our foreheads together.

"You're not mad?" I start to tear up.

"Why on earth would I be?" He pulls back and caresses my hand.

"I thought you might've been disappointed in me...you're already so busy so I wasn't sure if you were ready or not." I look away.

The thought of having a child and the father never being there haunts me. Having to raise a child all by yourself, whilst still missing the father.

"You know I love you, right? There will never be a time where I am not by your side. I will always support you, Y/n, and our child." He pulls me closer to him, wiping away the tears from my eyes.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

You cried and groaned as you laid in the very uncomfortable hospital bed. Those words echoed throughout your head as you used all your strength to push.

"There will never be a time where I am not by your side. I will always support you, Y/n, and our child."

The pain wasn't what was making you cry, the fact that your friend Leorio had to hold your hand because Kurapika wasn't here for you made your heart shatter. He had left for a mission and hadn't come back for at least two weeks, nor had he made any contact with you to confirm his safety. Each hour he wasn't with you made you question if he was even alive. It was unusual for him to not respond to you like this, like now. You had Leorio notify him about your labor and he still hadn't answered. That was hours ago, even in such an event, why hadn't he answered?