𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵

𝘺/𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘳!

I felt my eyes crumble open to the annoying sight of the sun radiating through the window. I didn't have to check to see if Kurapika was there because I knew very well he wasn't. It's been weeks since I've waken up next to my boyfriend, how I long for a normal relationship.

I get myself ready for the day, randomly deciding to do my hair in case Kurapika decides to randomly pop up. I place down my brush and stare at the picture of him and I got a while, pondering if he really needed me.

He barely even communicates with me, he never tells me about his day or his missions. The only time he talks to me is when he wakes me up at insane o' clock to inform me he made it home.

Growing hungry, I get up and make my way to the kitchen, hoping I could make a bowl of cereal. I open the fridge in disappointment, the milk being almost gone. I look around and groan, there's only like five things in the fridge. Kurapika never eats here, or basically at all, meaning this is on me.

I wasn't planning on leaving the house today, but it seems like I have to go to the store.

'Where's my wallet?'

I look around until I remember I had put it in the bedside drawer near the bed. I enter the room once again and check the drawer, sporting my wallet. I take it and stuff it in my pocket before a small box catches my eye. It was in the drawer on my side so I assumed I had accidentally put it in there. I picked it up and opened it, my eyes widening. A very expensive ring laid in my hands, shining in all its glory.

'Where did this come from? Did Kurapika get this for me? No...it's literally a wedding ring. Kurapika wouldn't have time for something like a wedding. Did someone else give this to me and I forgot about it? How could I forget about something like this.'

A small piece of paper caught my eye, it was folded neatly where the box had laid. I picked it up and unfolded it, my eyes scanning through the words.

———

Dear y/n,

Hello, my love. You're probably very confused on what this is all about. First let me start on how grateful I am for you. Every single day of the year you wait for me to come home, even if I don't show up. You gave me something that I have missed for years, a home. I used to think it'd be impossible to have someone that would have the patience for me, but I was proven wrong. You are extremely special to me in ways to where I don't just want to be your boyfriend. I want to marry you, maybe even start a family. I know this is a lot to ask for considering you only ever see me little to none every day. I shan't wait any longer to express my undying love for you. I know, writing my proposal on paper is very pathetic, but I don't think I'll make it this time, my dear. This mission is extremely dangerous and I know I will not make it out alive. I already had Leorio agree to taking the scarlet eyes back for me. I was too afraid to tell you because I knew you'd try to stop me, but my goal is an unstoppable drive. I didn't want you to lose sleep for someone like me. I love you to death, and I am sorry I couldn't express that to you as much as you did for me. Please live and have the family I couldn't have. I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye in person.

Love, Kurapika

———

Multiple emotions had entered my body as I read that note. Nausea, anger, happiness, and sadness. Most importantly, fear. I hadn't even realized the tears streaming in my face as I dialed Kurapika's number. I tried several times, still no answer. I clicked on Leorio's contact, and to my dismay, he hadn't answered either. I was on the verge of breaking down, until the sound of the doorbell broke my train of thought.

I sprung up, hoping it was him. Praying and hoping he was okay. I ran to the door and pulled it open, a box laying in front of the door frame. Disappointed, heavy tears ran down again, dropping onto the box as I carried it in.

'What the hell-' I ripped the small paper taped on it and crumbled it after reading it.

'I guess we both missed the wedding.'

'What the hell kind of joke is that-'

A bloodcurdling scream escaped my throat as I fell to my knees, the box falling with me. I scooted away from it, my fingernails digging into the floor as the severed head of the love of my life rolled out of the box.