𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭

warning: suicidal attempts

♪  𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭  ♪

y/n stood on the ledge, terrible memories flooding through their mind. they thought they should at least have a recap before they jumped. fast behind them, the very far city lights below them, and absolutely nothing in front of them. y/n was ready to die.

before y/n could make their escape, the fire exit door opened. y/n turned, looking at the person who interrupted her final moments.

"that's very dangerous." he spoke.

a pale, blonde boy at mid height walked up to the elevated person.

"you should come down now." he raised his hand to their height.

"what's it to you?"

"i had come here to do the exact same thing, but seeing someone else do it makes you feel a certain way. usually i wouldn't care, but this doesn't sit right with me. now get down."

"what makes you think i'll just listen to you?"

he didn't answer, but he did jump up to the edge and take a seat. y/n follows and sits next to him, their legs dangling over the city that never sleeps.

"the lights looks very pretty from up here." he stared in awe. "i wanted to look at them before i went, but i guess i'll just have to do it a different day."

"why?"

"seeing you up there like that...an innocent person attempting made my heart wrench. i wanted to do one last good thing in my life before i left."

"what makes you think i'm an innocent person? i've hurt many people. i've been nothing but a burden." y/n states, tearfully.

he stared at her for awhile, contemplating wether or not he should tell them.

"when i was twelve, my entire clan was slaughtered for their eyes by a band of notorious criminals. i retrieved all of their eyes, but i've killed so many people in the process. even though i got what i wanted, i cant help but shake the fact that my clan is looking down on me. i'm a ruthless murderer and i don't deserve anything." he stared down at his shaking hand.

"that's not true. you did what you had to do, and those people deserve it for disrespecting your clan by putting a price tag on their eyes. they were humans too." y/n pats him on the back, the soft material of his black blazer soothing y/n a little.

"you're too kind for this world, but your words cannot erase my past. maybe it won't be today or tomorrow, but when i die i'm positive they will all drag me to hell."

y/n didn't know what to say to this, so they sat in silence. the sparkling city lights did not match to the grim feeling shared between them.

"i bullied someone to suicide, and it's only fair i have the same fate." y/n's tears slipped out while they scooted closer to the edge.

"i was so jealous she got everything. she took away my family, friends, reputation, so i made her pay the price. i just didn't do it the right way and she killed herself. i've felt awful ever since, so you aren't the only one that's a murderer." y/n placed their hand on top of his, and he flinched at this.

"it's just life."

"i wish i could've met you before. maybe i still would've been sane." he joked.

y/n laughed, for the first time in a long time.

"it would be nice if we could be friends, but it's too late." y/n looked down to the people who looked like little ants.

"it doesn't have to be the end." he spoke. "we still have time to get to know each other. we could always die later."

and for the first time in forever, he genuinely smiled at someone.

y/n was surprised, even though they were so inclined to die, their mind was suddenly changed with the sight of him smiling. even thought they felt that pit of sadness in their heart, y/n felt like this could be the start of something new.

"i uh, sure but what if something bad happens? like one of us do it without the other knowing, or we don't get along at all, or-"

"hey. let's talk about it over a pot of coffee, okay, -"

"y/n."

he smiled and nodded. "okay, y/n?"

she softly smiled at the blonde and slid back onto the building, him following.

"okay,-"

"kurapika."

just the sound of his name is music to their ears.

"okay, kurapika."