"Home" at Last - 34

Start from the beginning

"Why what?" Desmond said.

"You never hug me, you guys never did."

Wednesday already felt the burning rage build up inside of her.

"W-what? Are- are you serious? Enid, you- you- M- Mom said you left- what? Seven damn months ago... and you ask why I'm hugging you? What the hell?" he cried out.

"You watch your tone," Wednesday stepped in.

The blonde raised a hand, ensuring Wednesday everything was okay.

"Who is she?" Desmond eyed Wednesday through his blurry vision of tears.

"She is how I was able to come back," Enid answered, "that is how... that is how I was able to return home after I was fucking left alone for good."

The boy looked back at her and just whimpered, "I'm... I don't know what to say."

Wednesday's head snapped toward the door as three more sets of footsteps came. Three figures stood in the doorway, all resembling slightly older and bigger versions of the boy standing by Enid.

"E-Enid, it's... it's ENID!" the tallest one gasped, he stepped inside and called out, "IT'S ENID!" and then all three of them rushed toward Enid.

The blonde let out a sharp exhale as she was embraced by the three new brothers.

The shortest one stepped back, earning a glare from Wednesday.

The three of them pulled back as a heavy pair of footsteps arrived at the door.

"D... Dad?" Enid's voice broke.

The man looked like he was rotting away, but Wednesday was able to observe his graying ginger hair under all the dirt and wrinkles, he had huge bags under his bloodshot eyes.

His eyes were blue.

"Enid," he muttered even quieter than a mouse, he took a step forward.

And then another before stopping when suddenly Enid's face turned into a wicked scowl.

She bared her teeth and pointed a finger, shoving her brothers out of the way, "Don't you dare take another fucking step!"

Her father let out a gasp, "Enid. You're... you're home," his voice was gruff.

"Don't you dare give me a fucking hug. Don't you fucking dare give me a hug after years of nothing!" Enid snapped, "Don't you goddamn dare give me a hug that has no emotion, the same hug that you give me every few months before I went FUCKING MISSING!"

Wednesday even blinked in confusion, she didn't expect Enid to lash out in such a way.

"Enid, you're home," he looked around at his sons, "boys, get inside."

All of them looked at each other before at the cotton-candy blonde who kept an angry scowl on her face. Then they all followed quietly inside.

"Enid, you're home-"

"You already fucking said that! Why don't you follow your "boys" inside and we continue there?" Enid exhaled through her gritted teeth, Wednesday swore she saw fangs.

He hesitated but nodded, the father turned on his heels and walked inside the house.

"Enid?" Wednesday softly rested her hand on the blonde's arm.

"I'm... I'm okay, I think," Enid swallowed hard, "I... I didn't mean to be that harsh, I just- I'm just... I just felt so mad that they would do a normal family sign of affection, after my whole life of being ignored or stepped on."