Chapter Twenty-two - Being One (End Part One)

This is it, this is the moment. Today is our wedding day and I am again lost in my thoughts. It feels like all my emotions are piling up into one main empty mind. I could not explain, but it's happening...it is. I was shaking as everything was being done. I am going to see him in 2 hours. 

                                                            About 5 hours before the current scene

I have finally finished the book that I was working on for 3 years and now, I am going to publish it. I got ready and got my book and other things before I leave.
"Love, are you ready? We still have to prepare for our wedding later. We're gonna be late." He said. "Coming!" I replied, going down the stairs. We left the house and went to the office. Boy, this day could either be the best or the worst. But I don't mind, as long as I'm with him, I'll be all right.

We went on our way to the office, in hopes of getting my novel published. I could not stop shaking, I felt nervous, I felt it and it was nothing like before. A sudden movement by me was felt, taking my hand. "Darling, I can sense that you're nervous. Calm yourself, I'm right here." He said. "I'm overthinking," 
"It may or may not go well," I replied. 
"You're a great writer and you could always try again. Opportunities and chances never end, love."
"Well, you're not wrong. I can try again if it won't work out now."
"Mhm, exactly. Come on, we're almost there."

As we walk into the office, a thousand thoughts come into my head simultaneously and my emotions were running like a rollercoaster. Good thing Tenny was there, I really could not bear it. I sat down and chatted with the editor. I gave my work to her so she could check and I was waiting for her feedback. The next thing I did was submit query letters to literary agents and wait again. Both of them approved, and the only thing left to do was submit my manuscript to the publisher. Oh how happy I am about this, it is going well. "I told you everything will be all right. Shall we go now? I know that you've been longing for this part. He said. "Mmm yeah. I'm so happy right now and I'm excited for later." I replied. "Hm? You are? Well, we should go now so we can prepare early." He said, smirking. 

                                                                  Back to the current scene

I am more than glad for this day. My years of work have finally been published and everything is going so well. And now, I get to be with the man I've always loved. I put on my suit and veil and took the bouquet. My bridesmaid helped me as I walk outside the room. I stand before the door of the church, anxious yet so happy. Nothing will ever stand this feeling, only he can make me feel. As soon as the doors open, there's the crowd but only I can see him, such noises came out but only I can hear him. As I walk down the aisle with father on my side, my excitement and happiness gets bigger. I reached Rhys and he shaked my father's hands and took me to the front.
There, in front of us was the priest and then we both faced each other, holding hands. The priest blesses us and finally says, "Since it is your intention to enter into the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church."
"I, Tennyson Rhys Madden, take you, Eliot Henry Glucksberg, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life." He vows. 
"I, Eliot Henry Glucksberg, take you, Tennyson Rhys Madden, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you." I vowed. 
"Tennyson Rhys Madden, do you take Eliot Henry Glucksberg to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?"
"I do."
"Eliot Henry Glucksberg, do you take Tennyson Rhys Madden to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?"
"I do."
Rhys then took the ring and placed it on my finger. "Eliot Henry Glucksberg, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." He said.
I took his ring and placed it on his finger. "Tennyson Rhys Madden, Eliot Henry Glucksberg, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."
He then grabbed me by my waist and took off my veil as soon as the priest gives the signal. We kissed passionately and long. He let go, letting me breathe and we smiled. "You're very pretty. I'm so glad. I love you." He whispered. "And you're very handsome. I love you too." I replied. We then looked into the ebullient crowd, smiling to each other, knowing that this day was meant to be. Everything is perfectly written, dearest love.