Chapter Fifteen - Love's Memories

(Quick Author's note: this is five weeks from the last scene in the last chapter so don't get confused<3)

My birthday is nearing, I'm turning 20 and the activities over the last five weeks were so adventurous and fun. A day without Tenny has been killing me. I understand he's with his mother and they never really get to hang out because he's always with me so I'll let it be. Meanwhile, I'm with my father and I'm focused on my book. And the thought comes to my mind—Tenny and I have been together for almost 4 months and we've been keeping it a secret. I thought of telling it to our parents first but I was unsure so I decided to talk about it with Tenny. I texted him first just to make sure that I'm not interrupting his time with his mother.

                     Hey. Are you busy?

Hi love. Nope. I'm free, why? 

                    I wanted to tell you something.

Hm? What is it?

                    So I thought that we've been
                    in a secret relationship for a long time
                    now and I respect and understand 
                    that of course but I've also thought
                    that maybe we should let our parents know?

 Why are you suddenly thinking about this
 I mean—sure we can but are you ready?

                      Hmm. Yeah, I think so. I mean 
                      it's been long enough don't you think?

 All right, let's set a schedule and tell our parents about
 meeting up.

                      Okay, love. I miss you.

 Pfft. I miss you too bunny. I can't wait to see you again.

                     Me too. Well, I have to go now. I love you!

All right. Take care hun. I love you more!

Nightfall has arrived and it was dinner time. I was shaking, I wanted to tell my father. I sat down by the table and took some food, still shaking. "What's wrong?" My father said, so suddenly. "There's something that I'd like to uh—to tell you." I replied. "What is it? I'm all ears. Spill it out." 
"Well—Tenny," 
"Yeah? What about him?"
"Dad, first of all. I'm gay."
My dad stared and remained quiet as I let those words out of my mind. And finally came his voice.
"I don't know how to process what you just said but I just want you to know that I'm not mad. And—why did you mention Tenny? What about him—" 
"He's my," I said, "boyfriend."
"B—boy—okay. Uhm. I'm sorry, I think I might just faint." He replied, sounding so shocked.
"Dad. I'm serious and I'll stay with him no matter what." 
"Child, I'm fine with you being the way you are. I accept you for who you are. I'm also fine with Tenny being your boyfriend. He's a good guy, I know that." Father said, in a very calm but shakey voice. I can't describe the happiness I felt in that moment.
"Thank you dad! You don't know how happy I am right now." I said.
"I trust the man. I've known him since you were little children. And he's been in love with you ever since." He mentions, laughing.
"So it is really true. We've met before and we were childhood friends?"
"Mhm. I guess you've forgotten since you experienced trauma from it."
"Hmm. Yeah. Could you tell me more about it, dad?" 
"Well you and Tenny were very close friends and you became inseparable. You two would cry if one has to go. His mom and your mom were best friends as well, bestest of friends. So you two would see each other everyday. You would call and write each other letters. I think there was one time were you were about to meet up with  Tenny then you saw him with a girl and you cried so hard. You didn't talk to Tenny for five minutes and he was doing his best to make you happy again. Then, he tells you if you'd like to marry him and you said yes. He brings you flowers and hugs you." Father mentions. "How and why did we part?" I asked. "Well. Tenny's father needed to work and they had to move. You were so devastated and believe me, your mom was too. You wouldn't stop crying the day he left and your mom and I hugged you and we stayed like that for 3 hours." 
"Wow. Did Tenny and I do something before we part? I asked again. "Mhm. Both of you wrote poems for each other and he gave you a small teddy bear that he said will remind you of him. Not only that, he lives you a final kiss on a cheek before he has to go." 
"Do you remember the teddy? I think you still have it in your storage." Father says.
I smiled. Knowing that fate works its magic. We were meant to be and no one and nothing can break that.
"Hmm. I'll look for it tomorrow. And, dad, Tenny and his mom will be coming tomorrow. Tenny and I would like to talk more about us and I believe he's also telling his mom right now." I replied. "All right. I'll prepare the house then. Help me out with the food for tomorrow." He says. "All right. I got you dad. Thank you." I said, smiling. "And, son. Do you know that the writer of your story is so great? He made you and Tenny meet again, don't you wanna thank him?" Father said, laughing. I thank you truly to whoever's writing my story. I really love the boy that you wrote in my story for me.