Thirteen

Sudden movement and loud shuffling brought Sidney back to consciousness, the panic that was erupting around her jump started her into gear quicker than anyone could blink. She was on her feet in the matter of seconds, spear gripped tightly in her right hand as she helped Peeta up with her other, Finnick also standing up a second after.

They could see Katniss standing just outside in the sewer, the holo held out in front of her, but what caught Sidney's attention quickly was something more unsettling. Loud screeches echoed throughout the small passageways, bouncing off the concrete walls.

"Katniss, what is that?!" Sidney shouted out, heart hammering in her throat as her eyes darted nervously around their group.

"We gotta go. We gotta get outta here now!" Peeta stated, clearly on edge as he gazed at Katniss in worry and pushed himself up to his feet.

"Keep your voice down." Gale snapped as he advanced forward to look outside the round hole and into the dark sewer, crossbow already raised.

"They released mutts!" Peeta continued nonetheless, voice raising even higher.

"Pollux, what's the fastest way out?" Katniss called out from where she stood, the man quickly jumped to his feet to join Katniss and lead them away.

"Come on, go, go, go!" Jackson barked out the order to the squad, rushing them all out of the room and into the open hallway.

Once they all were back into formation they slowly started to move forward, only the sound of dripping water filling the corridor before Gale raised his crossbow and shot a flaming arrow, giving them some sort of brighter light source than the small flashlights they all had.

Sidney swallowed, watching the end of the tunnel become illuminated by fire and her heart started to race inside her chest, a feeling of complete dread filling her as she looked up at Finnick before they started to advance once again, her grip on her spear only becoming more forceful with every corner they rounded.

They finally reached the end of the tunnel, and Sidney prayed they were almost outside this godforsaken sewer. A small opening in the wall was hopefully the last obstacle between them and the outside world.

Pollux was the first to crawl through the tight space to make sure the area was secure for them to continue. Sidney watched nervously as the man waved his flashlight around, inspecting the room before looking back at them and signaling for them to wait as he turned the corner.

Her breathing started to grow heavier as the seconds ticked by, she exchanged a nervous glance with Jackson, who stood behind her, flashing her light down the tunnel anxiously. Finally, Pollux returned, and a small sigh of relief fell from Sidney's lips when he signaled for everyone to join him on the other side.

Sidney watched nervously as Gale placed down his crossbow and slowly started to crawl through the small space while pushing his weapon forward. Even though Pollux told them it was safe, a nagging feeling in the back of her head kept telling her anything was going to jump out any second.

Slowly, but surely everyone made it across, leaving only Sidney and Jackson on the other side of the tunnel. Exchanging a quick glance, the lieutenant motioned for her to go first, and with sweaty palms, Sidney carefully crawled through the tight space before sliding out and pushing herself back to her full height.

The woman shined her flashlight behind her once more, before turning on her heel and the moment she bend down, from the darkness, a pale looking creature jumped out, digging it's claws in Jackson back and pulling her backwards.

A loud ear-splitting scream left Sidney's lips as she fell backward when more mutts appeared, the first one started to crawl through the tight space. She hurriedly pushed herself backward as an arrow flew over her head, causing a large explosion to blow up the wall.