Four

"Finnick!" Katniss ran into his room. The boy was surprised, dropping his rope of knots when he saw Katniss run into the room.

"What is it?" Finnick asked, unsure of why Katniss was so panicked.

"Put on some clothes and follow me," Katniss told Finnick, nodding at his medical gown.

Finnick nodded, taking off his gown once Katniss left the room and threw on a grey District Thirteen uniform.

He rushed out the door to see Katniss waiting for him. Within a second of him being out of the door, Katniss began to run down the hallway with Finnick on her tail.

They entered the main production room of District Thirteen which only confused Finnick even more.

Finnick looked around the room to see many people bustling about. Beetee was in the middle of it all, working at a computer.

"Katniss, what is going-" Finnick spoke, but he was cut off by the large screen that flickered in at the head of the room.

Finnick stopped talking as his eyes widened as he saw Sidney on the screen. Sidney was standing next to Peeta. In between Peeta and Johanna was President Snow sitting on a white throne, everyone wore completely white, formal clothing.

None of the three tributes looked harmed, but you could see it in their eyes. Peeta looked worried. Johanna looked angry. Sidney looked distressed.

"Coming live from the Capitol, I am President Snow and I have a message." President Snow began this speak. Everyone in the room went quiet as they turned and watched the screen. "Joined with me, are the victors I have righteously saved from the arena in the 75th Hunger Games."

Finnick scoffed, disgusted by what Snow was saying. Did the Districts and the Capitol really believe this?

"Katniss Everdeen must be stopped. She has threatened our way of life and will not stop until she sees the Capitol destroyed," Snow spoke. "And her fellow victors are no better. That includes Beetee Latier, Haymitch Abernathy, Finnick Odair, and Annie Cresta. If you see any of these fugitives report then to the Peacekeepers immediately. Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever."

The video flickered off, Sidney disappearing from Finnick's visions. Finnick turned and looked at Katniss.

"What is he doing to them?" Finnick asked.

"That's not the only video, Finnick," Beetee told Finnick. He turned his eyes back to the screen, watching as Sidney's face returned to the screen. This time it was just her and Caesar Flickerman.

Finnick walked around the computer area that Beetee was sitting in, walking up to the screen. The camera zoomed in on Sidney's face. He could see the pain in her eyes. He also saw the first mistake the Capitol made. Not only did they cover their own inflicted wounds but they also covered the scratch across her cheek from the Games.

"What have they done to you?" Finnick whispered to himself, placing his hand on the screen.

Caesar introduced himself and began asking questions, beginning with asking her how she has been.

"The best I can be." Sidney told Caesar. Finnick saw that there was more to that answer in her eyes. The Capitol was changing her.

"How have you been holding up since the news of Mags Flanagan's death?" Caesar asked her.

Finnick watched as Sidney's face fell. Of course she didn't know about Mags's death. How could she? Nobody would've told her.

"W-What?" Sidney's voice cracked. "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right."