Five

Annie was woken abruptly to the sound of rhythmic knocking on the door. She sighed, sitting up in bed carefully as to not disturb Finnick who continued to sleep soundly beside her.

Annie slid off the bed, rubbing her eyes with her knuckles. She shuffled over to the door, drowsiness still holding onto her body.

She unlocked the door and pulled it open, her groggy state sobering up immediately as Effie Trinket entered the room. Her joyful shriek awoke Finnick. He sat up in the bed abruptly, seeming panicked until his eyes fell upon Annie, a confused expression etched on her face.

"Mr. Odair!" Effie gasped. "You're still in bed?" She lightly smacked him on the right cheek. "How shameful! It's your wedding day!"

Sidney walked up behind Annie, laying a hand on her shoulder. Annie turned toward Sidney, surprised when the woman's arms wrapped around the bride.

"I am so sorry," Sidney whispered into Annie's ear. "I tried to hold her off, I really did." She exhaled with a laugh. "I tell you, that woman is dedicated."

Johanna walked into the room, her arms crossed. She looked as unimpressed as normal, but there was slight joy behind her cold eyes.

"Alright, Mr. Odair," Effie walked you the other side of the room, turning and facing the group. Finnick, still confused, walked over to Annie and wrapped his arm around her waist, kissing her cheek before turning his attention to Effie. "You will go to Haymitch, Beetee, and Gale. Beetee is in charge and they should know exactly what to do. Do not let Gale or Haymitch intervene."

"Okay-" Finnick was cut off.

"Seriously, Gale ruins everything." Sidney murmured, giving Finnick an overtly serious stare.

"And Annie, you're coming with us," Effie spoke, heading for the door.

"You won't get to see each other till the ceremony so say your goodbyes!" Sidney said as Effie and Johanna had already walked out, she pulled the door closed but let her head stick through for her to finish. "This is gonna be great!" She whisper-yelled with a wide grin before closing the door.

Effie, Sidney, and Johanna walked out of the room. Annie turned towards Finnick, facing him. They both looked at each other slightly confused. Annie laughed at Finnick's expression as he watched Effie walk out the door.

Finnick wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging Annie close to him. He pressed his lips to the top of her head.

"I'll see you tonight," he mumbled, unwilling to let her go.

Effie rushed back into the room, grabbing Annie's arms and tearing it away from around Finnick. "Time is ticking! We don't have all day!" Effie spoke, taking Annie away. She placed her hands on Annie's shoulders, pushing her towards the door.

Annie looked over her shoulder at Finnick for a final glance. "I love you!" Annie yelled at him as she was pushed out of the door.

"I love you too!" Finnick's voice echoed out of the room, following Annie as she was ushered away.

She had no idea if Finnick would be treated the same way. She did not believe Haymitch or Gale would be of much help, so Annie assumed that the preparation would fall upon Beetee's and Finnick's shoulders.

Annie was surprised to be escorted into the production room where District Thirteen filmed all of their propaganda. Sidney knew the room and usually didn't seem to like being in it, but her attitude was different due to the day's celebrations.

Annie was sat down in a chair and Effie began on her makeup. Sidney stood off to the side while Johanna leaned against the counter, giving Effie advice on the makeup every so often.