Nine

The bleeding from Sidney's wound didn't stopped as much as it should've, which worried both District Four tributes.

They had gone up to the cornucopia and found a strange cream in a med kit along with wrapping bandages. It was more difficult than it should've been and included taking off the top half of her suit, but Sidney eventually got the cream and bandages on her claw injuries.

Sidney had taken Finnick into the jungle to help her with the bandages. Once he saw the markings completely, he realized that the injuries were much worse than he thought.

Three large gashes ran across her stomach, vertically. They ran from up by her ribs on her right side to her left hip. They weren't extremely deep, but deep enough.

For the last few hours, Finnick had been beating himself up over the monkey that injured Sidney. If he had seen her in trouble before she screamed, he would've protected her from the scratches that will no doubt scar and haunt her forever.

"You know, it's really not that bad." Sidney said as she stared down at the wound.

"I'm so sorry, Sidney." Finnick spoke from next to her.

Sidney turned her head to looked at him, obviously confused. "Why? What did you do?" She asked, raising a brow.

"The mutt," Finnick motioned to the torn claw marks on her suit before looking down. "I should've been watching. I could've-"

"Shut up, Finnick." Sidney cut him off, dismissing him and her wound. "It's not like I dead. I'm fine. It's not a big deal."

Once they were done, Finnick lead Sidney back out of the woods. He told her to rest due to the loss of blood while he went spear fishing.

They all sat on the beach and ate their food, Sidney and Katniss now in short sleeves. Sidney had a few scratches on her muscled arms from when she fell down the hill. She leaned her head on Finnick's shoulder, holding back her wince when she had to shift her torso around.

"That's new." Peeta mumbled as he looked off in the distance, seeing waves crashing through the trees. Sidney heard a scream coming from that direction. The water came through the trees, riding up against an invisible wall and splashing over the top of the cornucopia. A canon went off.

"Someone's here," Katniss noticed as she looked down the beach, seeing three bodies come out of the jungle. The four of them stood up, Sidney prepared to grab her spear.

"Johanna?" Sidney whispered to herself, squinting at one of the figures on the beach. "Johanna!" Sidney sprinted out of the tree line and over to the group with a smile on her face, followed by Finnick.

"Sidney! Finnick!" Johanna smiled with a laugh.

Sidney's eyes widened. "What happened?" She asked Johanna when she got closer to her. She furrowed her brows but her mouth snarled in disgust when she saw that Johanna, Wiress, and Beetee were covered in blood. Despite that, she hugged Johanna before realization hit as they split, now it was on her clothes.

"Well, I got them out. Deep in the jungle where I thought it would be safe," Johanna fumed. "That's when the rain started. I though it was water . . . it turned out to be blood. Hot, thick blood that's coming down. It was choking us."

Johanna pushed Wiress away who was clinging to her arm, repeating the words 'tick tock' over and over again.

"We were stumbling around gagging on it blind," Johanna continued. "That's when Blight hit the force field. . . . He wasn't much but he was from home." Johanna looked at Sidney's suit that was torn in claw markings at the stomach, the bandages showing through. "What happened to you?"

"I hugged you," Sidney answered, assuming Johanna was referring to the blood stains.

"Not that, ass!" Johanna replied, Sidney gave a confused and offended look, basically asking what she said wrong. Johanna pointed at the scratches. "That."

"Monkey mutts," Sidney scowled. Johanna simply nodded.

"Tick tock." Wiress repeated, rushing around the group to see if anyone would listen to her.

"What happened to her?" Sidney asked nobody in particular.

"She's in shock," Beetee panted out as he took off his glasses to clean better. "Dehydration isn't helping. Do you have fresh water?"

"We can get some," Katniss nodded.

"Tick tock." Wiress spoke, running over to Johanna and pulling on her arm.

"Stop it!" Johanna screamed at Wiress, pushing her away roughly.

"Hey, lay off her!" Katniss yelled as she ran over to Johanna and pushed her away.

"Oh, the girls are fighting!" Sidney exclaimed in a whisper, clearly entertained. Finnick harshly elbowed Sidney in the arm for instigating the fight, making her lose balance for a second.

"What are you doing?!" Johanna yelled as Katniss separated her from Wiress. Finnick rushed over to Katniss and Johanna, breaking them up. "I got them out for you! Let me go!"

"For me?" Katniss was confused. "What does that mean?"

"You did want them as allies." Peeta shrugged.

Sidney stared at Katniss and Peeta. Did Haymitch really not tell them? Did Katniss even know about the revolution that's begun? She'd have to find out eventually.