Chapter 13 | A Feeling in the Air

Russel's POV

I dragged my feet into the living room and fell into the couch. Groaning into a pillow, Del's voice began to ring through my head.
ᎽᎾ, Ꮢuss, ᎽᎾu ᎠᎾᎥᏁ' ᎪᏞᏒᎥᎶhᏆ?
"I... really don't know..." I whispered.
ᎳhᎪᏆ's ᎶᎾᎥᏁ' ᎾᏁ, mᎪᏁ?
"I'm not sure... when (Y/n) was away I just started feeling so... I don't what the word is... needy?"
uh Ꮎh...
"What? What is it?"
Ꮢuss, ᎪᏒᎬ ᎽᎾu... fᎬᎬᏞᎥᏁᎶ ᎪᏁᎽ sᏢᎬᏟᎥfᎥᏟ... uᏒᎶᎬs?
"...Huh?"
ᏞᎥᏦᎬ, ᏆhᎬᏒᎬ's sᎾmᎬᏆhᎥᏁᎶ ᎽᎾu ᏒᎬᎪᏞᏞᎽ ᎳᎪᏁᏁᎪ ᎠᎾ. mᎪᎽbᎬ ᎳᎥᏆh (Ꮍ/Ꮑ)?
"I don't think I understand."

"Russ..?" (Y/n) yawned from the hallway. I jumped and turned around.
"Who are you talking to?"
"I-uh-uhm... I was talking to Del... in my head."
"Woah, I didn't know you could do that, can he hear me right now?" (Y/n) walked up to me and looked to the top of my head.
"Yeah, he can hear you."
"Does he feel it if I touch you?"
"If-If you wha-?" (Y/n) brought her hands up to my face and placed them on either side of my cheeks. I started breathing heavily and could feel my face getting hot.

I gulped and slowly brought my hands up to (Y/n)'s waist. She jumped slightly and her face flushed red.
"Russ..?" I couldn't get any words out, I could only breathe heavily in and out. (Y/n) closed her eyes and slowly brought her face closer to mine. I began to hyperventilate and quickly let go of her. I brought my hands up to my face and turned away from (Y/n), trying to stable my breathing.

"Hey, hey, you're alright Russel," she assured behind me. "It's okay, just keep breathing." (Y/n) gently rubbed my back and stayed close to my side. She led me over to the couch so I could sit down. I felt one tear, then another fall from my face and into my lap. "Russel, listen, you're fine, okay? I need you to calm down." She wiped my cheek with her thumb, but I continued crying. (Y/n) stopped talking, and instead hugged me. Her warmth was comforting, and I could feel my breathing go back to normal.

I sniffled and wiped my nose.
"I... I'm sorry, I don't know what I was doing..."
"It's fine, I wasn't really thinking..."
"I just... felt so lonely without you here, so when you came back something just changed... I felt like I needed you in some type of way but... I don't know why." (Y/n) giggled and pat my back.
"Don't worry, I know what you mean."
"You do?"
"Oh, for sure, I've felt like that plenty of times, still do." I smiled to (Y/n) and she was already smiling back. "What do you say about getting some sleep now?"
"I say definitely," I chuckled. She rubbed my back one more time, looked at the top of my head and pointed sternly.
"You too, Del. Don't be keeping Russ up at night." We both laughed and stood up together.
"Sleep good, (Y/n)."
"You too, Russ, and Del, of course."
(Y/n) walked back down the hallway into my room to go to bed. I sat back down on the couch and laid down, covering up with a blanket. I smiled and quickly fell fast asleep.

---

"Wakey, wakey, (Y/n)!" I dragged the curtains in my room in opposite directions to let the sunlight in.
"..Huh..?" (Y/n) grumbled and shielded her eyes from the light.
"Come on, get outta bed. I'm ready to get out and do something fun today."
"Hold on.. let me wake up a little first. What are we even gonna do?" I stepped out of the way so (Y/n) could get off the bed.
"I thought it might be fun to go hang out with 2D and Noodle today, y'know, give 'em a tour around the neighborhood."
"Ooh, that does sound fun! Did you invite Murdoc?"
"I did... but he said he's 'busy', whatever that means."
"He's probably out starting a cult or something," (Y/n) laughed jokingly.
"I wouldn't be surprised."

I left the room so (Y/n) could get dressed. "Do you prefer coffee or tea?" I said from the other side of the door.
"You pick," she replied.
(ᎳhᎪᏆ ᎠᎾ ᎽᎾu ᏒᎬᎪᎠᎬᏒs ᏞᎥᏦᎬ? ᏟᎾffᎬᎬ, ᏆᎬᎪ, ᎾᏒ sᎾmᎬᏆhᎥᏁᎶ ᎬᏞsᎬ?)
I stepped into the kitchen and decided to just make both. Whatever she didn't drink, I would have.