Chapter 4 | Preparation

The Next Day ○ Russel's POV
---

"Hughhh..." I groaned and sat up in bed, turning on my phone. Nothing new. I slid my phone into my pocket and headed into the kitchen for something to eat. Opening the fridge, I looked around on all the shelves. I need to go to the store... Closing the refrigerator, I headed over to my pantry and found a box of s'mores pop tarts.
"Good enough..." I said to myself and pulled a package of pop tarts out to put in the microwave. It was faster than the toaster and warmed it up better anyways.

The microwave dinged so I pulled out my pop tarts and ate them. Had to get something in me, especially since today was a big day. I hope nothing goes wrong today... I headed back into my room to get changed and do my morning routine- get dressed, brush my teeth, and fill in the rest of the day with whatever needed to get done. It was nice, but different, having all this privacy. There always had to be something going on in the morning between everyone. Sure, I loved being in the band, but some time away from everything is definitely a must and I haven't regretted it at all. Especially after meeting (Y/n) yesterday.

I finished putting on some decently nice clothes and headed to the bathroom to get my teeth brushed. I picked up my toothbrush and began brushing away.
ᎶᎬᏆᏆᎥᏁᎶ ᏒᎬᎪᎠᎽ fᎾᏒ ᎽᎾuᏒ ᏞᎥᏆᏆᏞᎬ ᎠᎪᏆᎬ, Ꭼh? Del's voice echoed through my head.
"Shut up." I continued brushing my teeth.
ᏟᎾmᎬ ᎾᏁ, ᎽᎾu ᏟᎪᏁ'Ꮖ ᎠᎬᏁᎽ ᎥᏆ.
"I said... Shut. Up." I spit into the sink and washed my mouth.
ᏆᎪᏦᎬ ᎽᎾuᏒ ᏟhᎪᏁᏟᎬ, mᎪᏁ! ᎥᏆ's ᏁᎾᏆ ᎬᏉᎬᏒᎽ ᎠᎪᎽ ᎽᎾu ᏒuᏁ ᎥᏁᏆᎾ sᎾmᎬᎾᏁᎬ ᏞᎥᏦᎬ ᏆhᎪᏆ. I sighed.
"I know, but I barely know anything about (Y/n). I literally just met her yesterday, so I'm not gonna start thinking about that kinda stuff while I'm just getting to know her."
Ꭵ ᎶuᎬss sᎾ... buᏆ Ꭵf ᎽᎾu fᎥᏁᎠ ᎽᎾuᏒ ᏟhᎪᏁᏟᎬ ᏆᎾ ᎶᎬᏆ ᎳᎥᏆh hᎬᏒ, ᎽᎾu'Ꭰ bᎬᏆᏆᎬᏒ ᏆᎪᏦᎬ ᎥᏆ. Ꭵ mᎬᎪᏁ ᎥᏆ, ᎥᏆ's ᏁᎾᏆ sᎾ ᎬᎪsᎽ fᎥᏁᎠᎥᏁᎶ sᏢᎬᏟᎥᎪᏞ ᏢᎬᎾᏢᏞᎬ ᏞᎥᏦᎬ ᏆhᎪᏆ.
"Alright, alright, fine. I hear ya... just be quiet so I'm not getting distracted." He went silent, so I took it he was listening for once.

I pulled my phone out and checked it. Shit! I didn't feel it vibrate in my pocket... (Y/n) had texted me 6 minutes ago. I quickly unlocked it and read the message.

-

[Y/n] : Did you figure out where we should go?

-

Crap... I never thought about where to meet... no problem, I can play this off...

-

[You] : I was thinking you might wanna choose a spot, since I brought you to that donut shop

[Y/n] : Oh don't remind me 💀
Actually, I did kind of have a spot in mind

[You] : Continue...

[Y/n] : Do you like video games?

[You] : Occasionally, why?

[Y/n] : I kind of really love arcades... but I mean if you aren't into that kind of thing we can choose a different place I mean it's just a suggestion

[You] : That sounds perfect! It's been a while since I've been to an arcade

[Y/n] : Really?! Omgomgomg I'm so excited omg

[You] : Save that excitement for when we actually get to the arcade lol. Speaking of, when do you feel like going? I'm fine with whenever

[Y/n] : Hmmm... well it's 8:11 right now and I'm definitely not that much of a morning person...

[You] : Does 9:30 sound good? Idk how long we should stay at the arcade sooo yeah idk 🤷🏾‍♂️

[Y/n] : 9:30 sounds perfect and I think maybe we could stay for an hour? Hour and a half? I don't have anything planned today

[You] : Sounds good to me!

[Y/n] YEAHH!!! Bet I'll be there then, dw I'm never late 💪

[You] : Late and clumsy?!?!?! That's too much for me 😟

[Y/n] : SHUT UP 😡😡

[You] : L

[Y/n] : Ugh whatever 🙄 I'll cya at 9:30 I'm gonna clean up a little bit

[You] : Aight cya then

-

ᎾᎾᎾᎾᎾh, ᎪᏁ ᎪᏒᏟᎪᎠᎬ, hᎾᎳ ᏒᎾmᎪᏁᏆᎥᏟ.
"I thought I told you to shut up." I sighed and decided to go play the drums to pass time.

---

Time skip ○ Your POV
---

I was sweating nervously while driving to the arcade. I had sent the directions of the arcade I wanted to meet at to Russel since he probably hadn't been there. I was scared he wasn't going to have fun and think I was weird for liking arcades. I mean, I was an adult, and people always stereotype video games to be for kids and kids only.

I need to stop thinking so negatively... Russel's a really nice person, he would never judge someone for some stupid reason like that. I need to stop being so paranoid about whether I think he likes me or not- I mean, obviously he wouldn't like me in a romantic way, but I don't want him to think I'm weird. I want him to like me the way a friend does... At least I think... I took my head out of the clouds and just focused on driving. I had almost arrived at the arcade and was most likely going to get there before Russ.

Going to an arcade reminds me of the Pac-Man song by Gorillaz, it was one of my favorite songs and music videos by them. Now that me and Russel have started talking to each other, it's crazy to think he's such a celebrity. He's just like any ordinary person, I mean to say in the nicest way possible. It's also incredible to think that me of all people would get to experience this. I smiled and realized I was pulling up to the arcade. My heart started pounding, even though I had been here a million times, it felt like I didn't belong. I took a deep breath and got out of my truck after I got myself calmed down.

Now, it's time to wait...

-----

Sorry to leave y'all on a mini cliffhanger 😅 I gotta think about how the next chapter should go down.

Also, in case any of you were wondering in the last chapter, Midas is the name of my pet Ball Python. I love him so so much that I decided to add him into the story just for fun ;D