Chapter 11 | Moving In... and Out

The moment that the band had arrived, I was thinking that it would have dissolved into utter chaos. However, it became the complete opposite. Noodle was on the couch in Russel's living room watching a Japanese anime, 2D was dumbly wandering around the house, while Russel and I were sitting in the basement.

"So," I began, "I asked my Mom if she could allow Noodle, 2D, AND Murdoc to all live in their own private homes. They aren't very big at all, but my parents have a bunch of random properties saved in case our relatives ever feel like coming to visit." Russel sat there with a shocked look plaguing his round face.
"How are your parents so rich?" I shrugged.
"I couldn't tell ya. I don't really stay that well in touch with them unless I REALLY need something."
"If I had parents that rich, I know for sure I'd be taking as much advantage over them as possible," Russel chuckled. I smiled and laughed a little. The silence drowned us both after that, making us both a little awkward. Then, I remembered something else.

"OH! I also made a plan to get to know all of them better."
"Go on?" Russel asked, intrigued.
"So once I get them into their own houses, I can stay a night with each of them and we can hang out and get to know each other. I'll give them about a week to settle into their new homes."
"You want to stay the night with Murdoc?" Russel cringed. I frowned, "No, I don't. But I'm still going to because I would feel bad leaving him out. And don't worry, if he tries anything too crazy, I'm going to leave immediately and come right back to you." Russel's face lit a pretty shade of red and he smiled from ear to ear.
"Okay... I just want to make sure you're safe," he mumbled, still swooned.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his warm body.
"I love you." Russel froze, but then slowly brought his arms up and embraced me as I did to him. We stayed in a tight and warm embrace for about 10 more seconds. When I stepped back and looked at Russel's face, I was almost convinced that he got sunburnt. I giggled and stepped back a bit. Russel stood up and rubbed the back of his head.
"You should probably go take them to their houses now, huh." I nodded and turned around. As I began walking up the stairs, I heard no sound coming from Russel.
"Are you staying down here? Don't you wanna say a quick goodbye to everyone?"
"No, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired."
"That's understandable, I'll be back in a little bit!" I went back upstairs and closed the basement door.

"GUYS!" I called out.
"Yes?" I jumped and turned around. 2-D was standing in the corner of the kitchen. I held my chest and caught my breath.
"What the hell... why are you right there?" 2-D looked around dumbly and shrugged.
"Did you need something?" he asked.
"Oh, uh, yeah I have something to tell you and Noodle."
"Nani?" Noodle came into the kitchen.

"So," I started, "you guys need a place to stay, right?" I explained to 2-D and Noodle where they'd be living. Right after I had called my mom, I realized that Noodle was still a kid, so she would have to live with an adult. Obviously Murdoc wasn't the greatest pick, so I decided that Noodle would live with 2-D for the time being. The two seemed excited to live in a fancy house while they were in town, so I was glad that had been figured out. Now, I just had to find Murdoc to see if he wanted his own house.

I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down the address of the house for 2-D and Noodle. After setting it down on a table for them, I slid my shoes on and walked out of Russel's house. Murdoc's probably out in the streets terrorizing women. I sighed and walked out onto the sidewalk. I would take my truck, but it probably would be easier to find Murdoc on foot.

I walked into town, searching for maybe a little box hidden in an alley with a little green gremlin in it, maybe a scary Shrek looking dude hitting on women way out if his league. Murdoc could honestly been anywhere, but I was doubtful he'd gotten far. I walked past the donut shop that Russel had taken me to and smiled. What a day that had been... it would be fun to go back there sometime.