𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 - 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝

Walking down the streets and noticing a building with a large sign 'Adventurer's Guild'.

The interior looks like a large tavern with many different races dressed in all kinds of armor.

Heading to the counter where a female orc is sitting. She looks at me and smiles, "You are new. What can I do for you?"

"What is this place?"

"You must be very new. Welcome to the adventurer's guild!"

"Huh?"

"Adventurers are people who receive and solve requests accepted by the guild. The main roles involve hunting down monsters, providing protection for important figures, collecting rare materials and many others. Although we do not concern ourselves with states of afford unless it is in special cases."

'Ah okay. It's just like being a hunter...'

"So what does it take to be one?"

She explained to me that anyone could be one. It only takes 5 silver coins and they are given a licensed plate which is like a dog tag. There are eight ranks: Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Mithril, Orichalcum and Adamantite.

Unlike hunters, all rookie adventurers start off at the lowest rank, copper plate. When an adventurer's rank increases, so does the color of their plate change as well as more missions are made available to take on with a higher difficulty rate.

The rank only increases after passing a test by achieving a major feat. It is possible to pull up his or her rank several steps at a time. A high-ranking adventurer is rewarded and has better social status.

The plate that serves as proof of status is made using the same type of metal that corresponds to the rank. There are also difficulty levels given to monsters or quests. The more level an adventurer and their group reach, the harder the quests become. However, adventurers have an unspoken rule not to judge opponents by their difficulty. By using this system, people won't lose their lives recklessly attempting dangerous missions.

The administrative structure is very strict and specific to certain standards and rules that adventurers must adhere to.

Adventurers are directly provided with work given by the Adventurer's Guild, which is thoroughly investigated beforehand for its content and difficulty. Only the suitable ones are assigned to adventurers with the corresponding rank for the task difficulty. Jobs that might endanger the public's safety, break the law, or damage the ecological balance, are rejected by the Adventurer's Guild.

Even healing magic is heavily restricted to healing temples, which strongly pressured the Adventurer's Guild into enforcing this regulation.

Discovery of ruins is supposed to be reported to the country's administration through the Adventurer's Guild. As soon as the ruins are recorded, the discoverer has a limited amount of time to explore it. Killing illegal squatters is tolerated for ruins not discovered by a national body or the Adventurer's Guild.

Creation of a request is if someone offers less money than the minimum required to make a request. This request will be placed under low priority, so the person may have to consider the possibility of no takers. This can only mean that the Guild will assign higher-ranked adventurers to deal with a threat, even if the situation technically doesn't warrant them.

It is an unofficial rule that the Guilds will never fight interhuman conflicts. If not, the Guilds couldn't co-operate in different countries.

Those who failed to follow these rules faced Guild penalties. Punishments range from a simple warning to being blacklisted from all requests and in the worst-case scenario, expulsion from the Adventurer's Guild. The adventurers who were kicked out of the guild are the ones who take illegal requests are known as 'workers'. According to rumors, the Adventurer's Guild even hired assassins to eliminate the worst of them. However, this rule seems to exclude adamantite class adventurers. Since the highest-ranked adamantite adventurers are indispensable for the people's morale and guild stability, the guild could not punish or expel them.

The class of an adventure is similar to the human world. There are mage, fighter, tanker, assassin, healer and ranger.

Learning that they each have adventures, are born into a certain affinity and can attend different academies around the world to hone their skills.

And there are differences between spells and skills.

'I guess there is a big difference between humans and magical beasts.'

"Well at least I learned a few useful things." 

══════════════════════════════════════════

Extra Information of the Red Gate

1) Town Image and Reference: My Time at Portia

2)
Adventure's Guild Idea: The Overlord (Anime)